Do negative votes on a comment affect your Xper level?

I couldn't help put notice I got 9 dislikes (feminists weren't too pleased with me I guess) on a comment I wrote on a post related to feminism (14 likes though, haha :)), and I was wondering if people's negative votes affected your Xper points and overall Xper level. And if it does, do you think it's fair that GaG has this policy? I don't want to be deprived of my points when I gave a perfectly good arguement/advice , due someone's inability to see my view, or agree with me, or their own stupidity.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't lose point for down votes.

You're not annoying at all and your opinion on that question was spot on and deserved the MH it received. Don't listen to losers like that guy.

• Thanks, that means a lot right now.

• Thank you, for being one of the good ones.

What Guys Said 9

• You do not gain or lose Xper points for upvotes or downvotes.

GirlsAskGuys FAQ

• I'm not even sure if upvotes still affect it. I'm pretty sure you don't get a point reduction for negative votes though. Feel free to check http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper for info.

• I don't believe votes has any effect
    on your exper points anymore. ^~^

• As stated by the two fellas below, votes do not play any role in Xper points. It's more of a way to just signal agreement/disagreement with an opinion (or sometimes, just with that person in general, haha!).

• No. They are just to give you an idea on what others think of your answers.

• Nope... downvotes u get don't affect ur XPer. :)

• No they don't. Neither do up votes.

• Lol I hope they don't.

What Girls Said 3

• No. Users do not gain or lose any points when their answer gets up or down votes.

• @Update:
    He's the one who should feel sorry, not you. And I highly recommend you to not allow anonymous answers on your future questions from now on.

• But your happy to gain them based on this?

• I'm happy to gain supporters. If someone doesn't agree with my opinion, that's all well and good, but there are respectful ways of going about it.

• Yep, just because it's you! How do you check your down votes anyways? I bet I have millions!

• If you go to your opinions it should show you're down and up votes.