Older guys messaging me? Why?

On this site I get older guys ranging from 18 to 40 messaging me on here. I don't understand why. I don't put myself out there to get some attention. I usually just ask and answer questions with no intent of getting anyone to message me. It's fine if people do, but I'm confused as to why a lot of them are older.
Do they not look at my age before they talk to me? Do they think I'm naive because I'm young. Do they not know that their intentions (usually sex) could result in legal issues for them?
I wouldn't be wondering if it were people who weren't calling me sweetie and honey and all these pet names. It's just strange that they'd message me at all considering I'm under 18 unless they really REALLY wanted some advice from a question, and they hardly ever do.
Do you think I'm getting them because they think they can get sex out of me, or because... I don't really know any other reason actually. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, they are aware of your age, and maybe they are hoping for a cheap thrill. Younger people are easier to manipulate and more trusting in general, especially when facing someone much older. If they are truly trying to arrange a meetup, then they do know it is illegal, but they assume (like most criminals) that they will not get caught. Best thing to do is ignore and block. I am also sorry to say, "Welcome to the internet." It sucks for women of all ages.

What Guys Said 8

• There are ways to prevent this. You can make your profile private, means no new followers. You can activate the setting where you'll only allow messages from users you follow. If they get inappropriate, we encourage you to block the user and report them so that we can take care of it.

GirlsAskGuys FAQ

• I don't message any girls under 18 on this site. But some people do use pet names, casually with no intent behind them.

• chill. ignore. put your personal settings on private and change what you like on your account settings section so you don't get creepy msgs anymore. (I had a over 45y message too, just ignore it). when you lock the whole privacy things down only people who follow you and you follow back are allowed to message you. your problem should be solved now

• its most likely because of the pic posted on your profile. and maybe the (Under 18) thing is a bonus?

• A bonus because I'm so young? 18 I can understand because that's only a two year difference, but 25 and up is where it really starts to confuse me.

• My picture doesn't resemble that, but I see what you're saying.

• im not saying your profile pic resembled that but its just a funny meme for jailbait hahaa

• My guess is you have a (cute?) picture up. Though expectation of sex might be farfetched, they are probably looking for the validation of a young girl. If you start chatting them up it will make them feel better. Only it's easy so they're telling themselves 'Why not?'.

• They seem to always talk to me just to talk at first but they always try to turn it sexual. That's usually when I get confused because we'll be talking about cars or books or something and they just pop sexual stuff in the conversation randomly.

• I see...

Ever seen 'To catch a Predator'? That's what they look like.

• That's what it looks like to me too. I'm always thinking "do you really think it's a good idea to be wasting your time talking to an under aged girl on the internet for sex?" It's pathetic to me.

• They are messaging you BECAUSE you are under 18.

• There are many reasons.
    Most likely they are horny.

• They think it's OK

What Girls Said 4

• They may think you are naive and that it would be easy to take out their sexual frustrations on you. Unfortunately, there are people like that on this site. If messages like that bother you, you can always block the user from their profile page. Or, you can go to your settings and check off the box that says "Allow messages only from users I follow" which means only the users YOU are following will be able to message you. It just allows you to have more control over the messages you receive.

• You're not the only one. There are a lot of horny men in the over45range pretending to be nice n polite then trap young ones into feeling aroused. But they get pissed when they are not taken seriously. Mwhahaha. Just tell them to fuck off like a bad ass.

• No you're right it's sex well at least most of them.

Some but few might actually like what you have to say and start messaging and following you for advice.

But like I said most of then are hitting on you... I'm going to assume you have your actual pic up and they like what they see.

You're not alone the same thing happens to me.

• They're horny.