It's kinda annoying that the system give you MH?

Does anyone else find this annoying i was going through my most helpful earlier and I'm like okay auto so that means it was handed to me. Like how does it auto happen to be most helpful like i would like to deserve my most helpful not just have it handed to me. make sense?

anyone with me? And how is an auto most helpful given does anyone know I'm curious

and while we're on the subject how do you put more then one category? I haven't figured it out yet?

Most Helpful Guy

• You could put more than one category when there were like 30. But they realized that's extremely counterproductive because they shouldn't really have more than 7+-2 or people will just be confused and not use them at all. Which is exactly what happened, so now there's like 15, but as such you can't assign more than 1 category, you used to be able to assign 3 when there were 30. Before that, there were only 6 sections - Flirting, Dating, Health, Sexuality, Behavior, Other - and I was dwelling mostly in the Behavior section, that's where all the interesting questions were.

The sad part is that the auto-MH doesn't reward you with XPER, as it says:

"If, after 30 days, you haven't chosen and selected a Most Helpful opinion, one will automatically be chosen for you.
    Neither the Question Asker nor the user awarded Most Helpful will get Xper points for these automatic selections.
    It's chosen based on engagement: votes, comments, length, time, xper level, gender, among other criteria. As long as you're giving helpful opinions, we'll find them!"

Sometimes it's nice to see that the System thought your answer was helpful, even if the Asker doesn't really seem to care. I received some really funny most helpfuls at times where I basically disagreed with the OP with a gigantic post and the System selected me on this one, www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1049017-girls-guys-who-like-anime-what-s-yours-opinion

• wait but I've seen people with more then one category that's why i thought you could? That's so confusing.

LOL that's funny i saw that a while ago. ironically i remember it. haha. But that's kinda disappointing i'd like points for it haha. But that makes sense it's just annoying. I still thank people for them and then i realized today that a lot of them are auto and now i feel like i should be sending the system messages like thank you very much for mh haha

• "Flirting, Dating, Health, Sexuality, Behavior, Other"

Also Relationship, Break-up and Style

• Haha I totally forgot about Break-Up even though that was extremely serious business. Honestly, those were the hardest questions to answer. Now everything is just "guys what is the right penis size" and "hello I'm muslim do you like muslims" for some reason, or at least it's harder to find the real quality questions.

What Guys Said 8

• If, after 30 days, you haven't chosen and selected a Most Helpful opinion, one will automatically be chosen for you.
    It's chosen based on engagement: votes, comments, length, time, xper level, gender, among other criteria. As long as you're giving helpful opinions, we'll find them!
    If the Asker chooses a MH opinion within 30 days, the system won't have to.
    This is all to encourage everyone to choose one themselves, giving to who they choose, awarding you both the extra Xper points.

You can't add more than one Topic for each question.
    You may see it on some questions, this means they didn't choose a Sexuality topic correctly and the system did it for them. This is corrected within 24 hours, so it doesn't keep both topics either.

GirlsAskGuys FAQ

• That came with the new update last winter. I complained about it a few times but it didn't make any difference. They did it because there were a few whiners who went on and on about people who didn't give MH or rate questions (you used to be able to rate questions and the QA got for points for it).

I have no idea how the auto thing works. They did change the time period when it happens though. I think it was two weeks. Don't know what it is now, but it's obvious that it's longer than two weeks.

The auto has something to do with things like length of post, and the posters reputation. I've read the criteria before but I don't remember more than that.

• yeah its like a month or something before it happens i think. Mesonfielde wrote it down there what it takes for the system to award mh.

• Yea that sounds about right. I checked my answers and the oldest one without a MH is 24 days.

It used to be somewhat common to get MH for something 6+ months old. I'd get a MH and not even remember writing it.

• I didn't know it automatically did that. if I wait long enough ill get a message that basically says fucking choose MH. hahaaa.

• yeah it does i was just going through my MH's and i was like woah woah woah lots of auto ones. like people didn't really give me these! I'm glad the system thinks I'm awesome. but yeah i get those messages then i go pick mh i want those points damn it. haha

• bahahahaa. woah woah woah LOL! the system better think your awesome. better yet, fucking awesome :D

• yeah where is my fucking awesome award and why are they not given out. seriously i deserve a trophy for my awesomeness. ;)

• I'm not a fan of Auto Most Helpful. When I am looking through my profile and filter out everything except Most Helpful, I am left with tons of Auto Most Helpful's that just take up space on the page. Even if they are helpful, I feel like they don't count and shouldn't be there.

• yeah i kinda agree. i mean it says that its judged on other things like votes and comments or what ever. but I don't know id rather have a person give it to me.

• I think I gets auto assigned to whoever for the most up votes after some time.

So you did earn it.

• That doesn't bug me all that much

• Don't really care as long as them xper points keep rollin in

• It helps them keep track. Talk to mods about it

What Girls Said 2

• What's more annoying than this is when they send you 1928922882 messages to remind you that you should select a most helpful opinion

• hahahaha right that's why i got through every couple days and pick mh so i don't get that annoying message.

• I didn't know it does that.