How can I ask more neutral questions?

I've recognized that the way I ask a question influences the answers I get - even though it's the same content.

How can I ask more neutral questions and thus get more objective answers?

Most Helpful Guy

• Be as objective as possible when writing your questions. Include both sides of point of view evenly, letting the community decide which side they feel makes more sense.

More tips about asking include:

Make sure to add a title that both interests readers and clearly defines your question, then check your spelling and grammar for any errors.

Make sure to assign at least one topic to your question. Adding topics will connect you with the right members who are interested in that topic.

Do NOT type your question in all CAPS and do NOT capitalize every word of your posts.

Be specific about the question you are asking or advice you are seeking and give clear details about your situation so members can better help you but try to avoid making it so long it'll turn them off.

Also, add details to your profile so that members can know a bit about you to advise you better.

Share your opinions on other users' questions to increase the visibility of your profile. Having a unique profile picture to draw attention to your post never hurts.

If you're going to include spoilers, please let the users know BEFORE you reveal the spoiler. We don't want anything ruined for anyone.

You can also "feature" your question. Featured Questions are kept at the top of recent questions and in the Featured Question box on the homepage for 24 hours.

GirlsAskGuys FAQ

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• The best advice I have is write the question as if you were asking for a friend who is in the situation you're describing. Remove yourself as one of the actors.