How do you politely tell people to f*@# off when they message you?

Ok, so I get quite a lot of messages from random people who obviously see a comment and decide to contact me, they take forever to get to the stage where they tell you their horny and what size boobs do you have, but if you tell them straight away that you're not interested they get all stroppy and offended, like they were just trying to chat. So, girls and guys, how do you deal with it? And guys especially, does this happen to you too?

I asked for the guys opinions to see if it happens to them really, I was pondering 'creeps' yesterday and this gives me a bit more insight into it, I'm curious as to whether there are girl 'creeps', but I shall save that for another question :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, I think you're handling it the right way. Being up front and telling them that dirty talk is off-limits seems completely reasonable to me. And anybody that takes offense to that has pretty much just revealed their intentions anyways (well, either that or they're just ridiculously hypersensitive, and in either case it's no loss on your end).

I've run into it a few times, yeah. I'll just make it clear that I'm not interested in that, and if that fails then I just ignore.

• they do reveal their intentions by being so damned un-subtle in their approach, and then they get super defensive about being accused of trying to be naughty. They then attempt to have a real conversation and quit after a couple of completely laconic (not verbose at all!) answers.

• Thanks! :-)

• you said I was right, what more could a woman want? :)

What Guys Said 27

• There are ways to prevent this. You can make your profile private, means no new followers. You can activate the setting where you'll only allow messages from users you follow. If they get inappropriate, we encourage you to block the user and report them so that we can take care of it.

GirlsAskGuys FAQ

• thanks gag, I don't want to start blocking people from contacting me and I don't want to use block as the go to method, but thanks for the info. If they stay persistent then I will of course.

• Which user report option should one use if this happens?

• "Private Messages" or "Harassment".

• I get this nearly on a daily basis. The worst part is a lot of them are the "younger" crowd and want to talk about things that frankly, I wouldn't even talk with a girlfriend about. Some are just flirtations type thing.

What I do when stuff heads in a direction I'm not okay with? I change the subject to some question they asked or an opinion they posted. If that doesn't do it I stop replying. Fine if people want to chat with me but not so much into talking about doing sexual stuff with a stranger on the net.

I'm actually really curious if this happens to other guys too. Have been for a while honestly

• Yeah, me too, I know it happens to women a lot, but I'm really curious about female creeps. I shall be asking a question later about it and guys experiences with lady-creeps!

• apparently you like the attention, that's why you're wearing a vest in you pic!

• Hahaha yeah that must be it!! I'm so with you on not wanting to block people and private profile thing. I thoroughly enjoy having good conversations and listening to people so wouldn't want to cut that.

You might try seeing if my method works for you at all. Though horny guys can sure be persistent no doubt. Something else that may work is overly exaggerating things to where its a turn off for the guys. You might not wanna go that route but could be an entertaining way to end that.

Like "what's your cup size?"
      "I have watermelons for boobs!!"

It's silly but could work and at least give you some laughs :P

• I doubt guys are being swamped by sex crazed women lol. Tbh, if I was a woman and I got messages, I would send a quick hi/how are you and see what comes back. Most of them I would delete block, and when I got frustrated I would tell them all to F-off and then block :)

• That's why you say "sorry I'm having explosive diarrhea so I'm kinda busy" and then never message them again.

• Girls on this site are constantly asking to see my dick. I deal with it by letting them.

• Guys only get a few obvious scam messages from 'girls' who disappear right away if you don't buy into it.

I've never had a legitimate girl contact me first on the site.

• I'm really bad about responding to messages on here.

But I've never had anyone in a conversation tell me that they're horny and ask me how big my dick is or anything like that. I can't imaging having to deal with assholes that are trying to cyber with you over a goddamned advice site. Male privilege.

• "FUCK OFF FUCKTARD" and block them?

• I would never message anyone on here randomly and if I get a random message from a person being rude, I simply wouldn't respond back to the message, they'll get the message sooner or later, though one hopes it will be sooner.

• just don't reply they will give up eventually and if they dont just block them :)

• Ya sometimes we have to face this type of situation when some boys/men/women/ message u a lot. And u are getting irritated and want to say frankly "i dont like this " . But u can't due to ur polite nature. Now the the best way is Hunt them or get hunted. Means u should say. "busy right now" . After few days when they get same reply they stop messaging u.
    The second option is that u can say that u work in cybercrime cell or police dept. They themself will get shrinked.

• ah, busy right now, yeah, that's quite a good one. Some are damned persistent though, even when I've dropped the politeness!

• I've had people message me, but never for... that. I would just block them so you never have to deal with them again.

• Yeah, I don't want a huge block list though, but I suppose you're right. Blocking is a rather formal 'f*#k off'

• HAHAHAHAHHAHA they are creeps straight up if they talk about how horny they are or ask for boob size.
    This isn't a pick up site lol.

So... just block and move on.

• I just ignore them. Why respond if I'm not interested?

• just stop talking dont feel like you need to talk to these weirdos

• every once in a blue moon a female will message me to chat

this has happened like 3 or 4 times since I've joined the site

• Just ignore em.

• block. I don't block them creeps myself, I rather make fun of them, I'm so evil. I get blocked by emotional unstable girls for no sense so you can block creeps with sense

• no doesn't happen to me.

• You can always just k-bomb them.

• Hahaha.
    Ask them not to message you

• Are you going to tell us your boob size or what

• I don't.

Don't be on a social interaction site if you want to be a rude twat ;) done and done

• do you not think messaging people out of the blue and telling them how hard your dick is is also rude?

• Sure but there's a block button. Or you could even make your profile private.

• you say "can't talk right now"

• Just block them.

Or set your profile to private.

Or ask your questions anonymously

If your not willing to do any of those things my guess is you actually like the attention.

The same goes for icantwait. A good looking guy wearing a tanktop? And he's surprised he's getting messaged by horny girls? Come on really?

• I like the attention because I don't lock my profile up? I do post my questions anon, well the vast majority anyways, I don't want to stop people from contacting me, I enjoy chatting to people and discussing stuff, just don't get why people pretend to want to chat when they just want to get turned on. They should state their intentions immediately, not get me chatting then start to try and get me to turn them on.

• Yeah, but that's closing off to a huge community of lovely intelligent people... I'll just stop replying to be honest! Simplest answer I think.

• Until I joined this site I had no idea girls do this. Always thought it was mainly just guys.

On a side note, yupI totally do it for attention. I'm a dirty tramp and love when girls want to use me to fuel their fantasies and build their egos.

Seriously though I've actually changed my Ava a few times and the people request this one back. No joke

• There are def. girl creeps on here, I've seen them

• I mean, its an advice website. I've had quite a few people of both sexes respond to comments I've made on things and have asked for more insight about myself. I really don't view it as a bothersome thing and I am not uptight. I think too many people see private messages as they're being hit on, when in all reality, this is the internet and people are just making conversation.

• Yeah, I get what you're saying, but 70% of the messages I get, if I'm polite and converse with them, end up being 'how big are your boobs?'/I'm really horny/describe what you mentioned in your comment... etc I'm not one of these girls who gets offended at a guy just chatting, I just know where most of them are heading and I get bored of talking pointless rubbish for ten minutes and then confirming what they want and then telling them to go away (politely too I may add!)

What Girls Said 12

• I tend to play along and humour these sad wankers.

Just troll the shit out of them, until they start thinking you're crazy and they'll leave you alone themselves. :3

• Haha! Yeah, I get exactly what you mean, have done this a few times until I'm almost in tears laughing. I like your style lady :) :)

• No need to be polite if they aren't.

• I ignore people like that, now if they want to chat as friends and be zero perverted or nasty I can do that.

• Before I just wouldn't reply to the inappropriate messages. Now I've changed my privacy so only followers can contact me. Much easier.

• Tell them that at the moment, you're not into connecting with them or people in general

• same I was asked if a certain size dick was good enough and I lashed out on them, and they never contacted me again, idc if I lash out during their politness.

• I just block them.

• i would just ignore the messages

• I delete the messages and if they persist I block em.

• Ignore or block them. Sure it's rude of them to send, but I don't understand why you'd even waste your time replying.

• Because some of them trick me by asking for advice, or chatting about a comment I left, and then bam! straight into the dirty talk!

• It's still just as easy to block them after they've started the abuse no matter what they initially wanted to talk about. I don't let people take up too much of my time or attention if they've got nothing good to say, especially when it's on a website such as this where there are moderators whose job it is to, well, moderate. Report the user and let the mods deal with it.

• Yeah, good advice :)

• Bloke them.

• Block and report or always answer anonymously like I do.