Questions about this site and the people on it?

I find a lot of the questions on this site are fake or just being silly. I joined this site in order to help people out with my experience. I try my best to take all the questions asked at face value and do my best to answer them honestly and bluntly. Is it just me or does it seem a vast majority of the questions on here are fake? What would be the best way to find the ones that are really looking for advice or help?

Most Helpful Girl

• I find many questions to be genuine overall. Like any other forum though, we do get trolls and people who seem naive or unknowing about things. There's no sure fire way to discern genuine questions from false questions, aside from using your personal judgment.

This website has members from a variety of countries - people may not have had the same kinds of education on things as Westerners like you and me, depending on their culture or religion and what country they live in. English may not be their first language so there may be a language barrier even if their questions or answers are genuine.

I'm not really sure what else I can say here. I've been a member for nearly 6 years now and have seen my fair share of ridiculous questions over the years. I know that every question I've asked on here is real though, I really like to seek people's opinions on various things from sex to relationships to life in general. I learn a lot from people here.

• I guess that makes since. Maybe I just need to be more understanding about the possibily of people simply not understanding things I take as common since. Well I guess I need to just keep doing what I can to help and not think so much into it.

• The longer you stay here, the easier it will be to decipher the good questions from the ridiculous ones. Just this morning, I saw a question from a pregnant woman asking if the baby was hers, because her boyfriend was sleeping with other women. It's extremely obvious that's a troll question, no doubt about it. I've been using Internet forums for 14 years now and have never seen anything quite so ridiculous.

What Girls Said 2

• Fake, in what way? I haven't really noticed that and I've been here for quite a while.

But, if you are looking to give real advice to people, you should visit the topics of Relationships and Dating. Those are the areas where you can find a lot of genuine questions of people looking for advice.
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/relationships
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/dating

• Fake as in the girl who asked if the baby she is carrying is hers or one of the other girls that her boyfriend had sex with. Then she wanted to know if she should confront them to find out if it was theirs. That kind of fake. I have those topics as part of my list as well and do my best to help out there as well. The dating topic can get some good questions but when they ask why a guy quit calling after they told him to. It kinda seems fake to me.

• Oh okay, I see what you mean now. Yeah, unfortunately, many people like to troll or ask questions that just seem really far out there and unrealistic. Sometimes you just have to dig a bit deeper to find good ones:)

• trolls can be annoying sometimes

What Guys Said 4

• I come here a lot and I can confidently say that the vast majority of questions are genuine. I see fake questions, but not nearly as often as the real ones.

• Well maybe I just don't get when people ask what I might consider common since. I guess it could just be me.

• I agree with you. The most ironic part is that if you answer a dumb, fake question with a humorous reply, you can turn around and get reported.

I don't think there's any way to filter out the nonsense other than start being a dick and reporting any user/quesiton you see as fake.

• 0|0
  • Many fakes for sure, like many accounts are fake.

What you do is, ignoring all the stupid topic's, and stick to the realistic once.