So GAGers, what are your thoughts when it comes to trolls?

the title says it all... what are your thoughts when it comes to trolls who keep on trolling
makeameme.org/.../lame-internet-trolls.jpg

Most Helpful Guy

• funny ones make me laugh the shit. other crap like some girls who can't stop asking rate me questions all time piss me off (sometimes those girls are hot and even mentioned that they get hit on but still ask this shit). anyways me answering troll questions is a fast way to push my xper up.

What Guys Said 16

• Depends on what is your description of a troll - it's a matter of perception. Asked a similar question more recently where the opinions varied to a great extent.

According to me someone who is either funny or offensive but opines for the sake of putting words there or asks questions w/o bothering about what's being opined, just likes to keep him/herself 'view-able' etc

• Only on very rare occasions are they funny. Most of the time it's just stupid. And the antagonistic, internet tough guy trolls are the lowest form of life on this planet.

• I'm so skeptical now that it doesn't affect me negatively. A place like GAG is almost troll-less relative to so many other sites.

What DOES annoy me is when an obvious troll says something like "The earth is only 3000 years old? I knew it!" and then supposedly intelligent people jump on it and say things such as "What's wrong with the world today?" or "We should take off the warning labels and let stupid people kill themselves" or "Please, don't breed." It should be evident who is actually foolish.

• Other than to kill time for a bored 12 year old, what's the point? Trolls effectively put in effort with the intent to degrade the internet and piss off an audience for what, the short-term enjoyment for one "troll"? All trolling is is a symptom of being a sociopath.

Kids, go do something else if you're bored. Master the guitar, go join a paintball club, play DND with a couple friends, read books or learn about the chemistry of Bismuth. Anything that doesn't involve anonymously ruining the internet for everybody else.

• I feel this way they do it for attention to make
    others life's miserable i come here to give
    opinions to the best of my knowledge the
    internet is very scary you just never know
    whose on the other end i don't get close
    to anyone online and even real life cause
    when i do i end up getting hurt by people
    these trolls do can tend to be bullies too
    i found that on many other websites
    i don't know what's worse trolls or bullies
    i think their both running a race

• you're right dude

• Yep very true;) xoxoxo

• xoxoxoxoxo;p

• A simple sentence with the goal of being funny
    is fine, but if they keep going, it starts to get
    irritating rather than humorous. ^.~

• Eh, it's part of everyday life, so I don't really mind. I answer them as if the question was legitimate if the question is like that, maybe they'll see their error if there was any.

• I was a mod on another site and I ran into a real life eveil one that follows me here even

• Why you gotta be hatin' on the trolls?

Trolls need love too. :-)

• Just people with nothing better to do with their time, nothing constructive or helpful to provide

• I don't understand why I have to pay them just to cross a bridge.

• hahaha i like them sometimes

• Well fuck you guys too <_<

• We're just doin it for teh lulz

• so you often troll?

• I troll a little here and there. I'm fairly opinionated, so my subjects for trolling are limited. If you give more than zero fucks about something, you can't effectively troll about it.

• Some of tgem aren't bad, but then you get those anonymous cowards who insult people.

• Without them the internet wouldn't be as fun.

What Girls Said 13

• http://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg

That is not how you use this meme.

• some r funny, some r lame, some r just messed up. thats about it i guess.
    i just make some comment if i feel like, or ignore it, then move on:P

• I think it depends on the troll. Yesterday some one asked what turns you on and I replied a switch, because on the Internet no one knows you're a lamp.

That was funny. Funny trolls are funny. Mean trolls are not funny and are offensive.

• yeah i agree.. some trolls can be really funny and some others can be really offensive

• Once every other full moon there's a troll post that I find creative and provocative in a postive way.

Other than that, I think trolls are pretty much pathetic. Especially trolls that keep on trolling and keep on creating new accounts again and again just to continue trolling. Those are sad creatures who have no life. It's pretty tragic actually.

Then again, I have zero pity for them and think they should be dealt with harshly - IP bans and such.

• This is not the bridge they seek...

• There has been more lately, hasn't there?

Trolls need to be decimated. So are people fishing for compliments.

• Are we talking about the woman hating poo5 or whatever his name is? He wasn't even trolling properly - it wasn't even mildly amusing. I honestly don't see the point, it's just winding people up so that they interact with you, I think it's a desperate ploy fro attention and human contact.

• weknowmemes.com/.../g136711775444987824.jpg

On topic: I like to feed the troll. :D

• I think trolls are filled with hate for themselves or particular people and just want to push people's buttons other then that I don't really understand their purpose.

• They make fun of no brainers.

• Quite amusing in my opinion. I tend to use them to my own abilities in terms of psychology experiments, as I am currently using one as, only to the point that goes unnoticed by him.

• they are bored

• Some are funny. I dont really care. .