Do you ever wish GAG was a more mature place?

Sometimes I wish I didn't see the same ignorant questions and answering I have to do some searching even find things worth answering. I think some questions should not be allowed to ask. Even people in older age groups are not mature sometimes I guess because they haven't had any life experiences but I don't judge anyone. I think this a cool platform but I just wish that more people actually had real issues they needed answers and more people genuinely gave good advice instead of being douche bags. What does everyone else think?

Most Helpful Girl

• yes. i do.. some of the questions are kind of immature and silly. but of course, i try to help everyone. but there's just some people on this website who go wayyyy too far and go "question crazy" and literally won't stop asking questions over and over about the same thing you just answered.. and it's the most simple question ever.

What Guys Said 5

• Every time I log in.

• For an online community GAG is pretty tame in comparison to others. Sure there is a fair number of trolls but it could be so MUCH worse.

Out of curiosity what questions do you think shouldn't be allowed?

• Rate me questions, intentionally harmful questions about race, sexuality, or religion/spirituality. I feel like most questions are intentionally asked to start a debate or to bash people and not sincerely to get different views. I guess that could be trolling sometimes and I think people that continue to send nasty messages or comments to someone underage should be banned

• Well first I dont think the rate me questions are necessarily immature - annoying sure but immature no. As for the intentionally harmful questions about race, sexuality, or religion/spirituality - overly antagonistic or offensive questions aren't allowed and should be reported. However with those types of questions feelings get heated quickly and while someone might come off as abrasive thats not always the intention - people just tend to feel strongly about things like that one way or another.

And finally with regards to the underage messaging those should be reported right away. Because if they aren't reported there is nothing that can be done.

• Yeah I saw a few questions that girls asked about being harassed and I suggested the same thing about reporting but then again one of girls admitted to liking older men so I was like really? are you going along and or are you really being targeted she said the guy was stalking her on Facebook but that is beyond GaG's control that she gave out that information.

• I agree... ... ...

• I don't feel the same way at all.

• i dont feel that way in the slightest. I usually find that questions like these sprout up the moment that two people have a disagreement in a question, and all of a sudden GaG is a site filled with immature people

• I can agree to disagree with people and leave it at that. I do believe this site is filled with a lot of immature people or the nature of the questions are really immature sometimes.

• also, banning a whole bunch of question types just because you or I don't agree with them is ridiculous. People on here are too easily offended. As long as specific usernames aren't being targeted, and as long as there isn't anything sexually explicit, there should be no reason why a whole group of question types should be banned. What I find is that the moment there is disagreement over something touchy like race or religion, the person who felt like they "lost" the debate seeks to close all discussion on that very subject matter. To me, that's wrong, which is why I disagree with you completely... except for the part about this site being a good medium. In comparison to other sites on the internet, GaG is VERY civilized... so that further adds to my opinion that we dont need to disallow any questions form being asked

• ok that's cool I just think it would be best for the environment

What Girls Said 6

• Of course, I do sometimes wish there were more mature users. I don't like coming across rude, hateful, or "douchy" comments. It would be nice if more users were kind and actually WANTED to help others. However, there's not much you, me, or anyone else can really do about it considering this is the internet and it attracts all kinds of different people. All you can do is dig a little deeper to find genuine questions, answers, and users:)

• Well i'm not up for a whole lot of digging and you know the feed is constantly updated sometimes I can't believe what i'm seeing lmao

• Yeah, I understand. Unfortunately, there's no way to get rid of immature people. You'll just have to ignore them.

• I think there's enough enough mature and knowledgeable users on here to provide useful answers and put the trolls in their place, and enough serious questions to encourage intellectual conversations and debates. I think the ignorant and silly questions are pretty dang entertaining, and I enjoy responding to them with appropriate GIFs ^_^

Yeah, there's the occasional crazy troll or ridiculous question that causes you to temporarily lose faith in humanity, but that's going to happen in any community.

• I gladly appreciate the really helpful users as well as the people that actually come here for help

• I'm still 17 and under age but I find that there are many other under aged teens and kids on here who ask really weird questions.

• lol the weird questions are asked by different age groups in general I don't blame some young members asking things out of curiosity but some people ask some pretty out of this world stuff

• it used to be so much fun, not now anymore. as for those questions like races topics, it have been on going for the longest time. i guess most people here belong to a younger group henceforth sometimes there would immature conversation

• Yes if I see one more is my dick big or rate me I'll scream aaaaaahhhhhhhhhgggggg!

• That's just like asking"do you ever wish the internet was a mature place"... It's the internet lol I don't think trolls are going anywhere anytime soon.

• I'm not nearly annoyed by trolls as I am by people that ask stupid questions over and over and get upset by opinions that they ask for