Private profiles? What does it do?

What does this exactly entail what can you do to your profile? Do followers still see when it's private?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1.) prevents people from sending you messages if you set it that way
    2.) people can't see your activity (questions and answers that are not in anonymous mode)
    3.) you cannot get any new followers (which kinda sucks)

People tend to have private profiles because a bunch of females get random messages from creepy strangers.

• Thanks and that was the reason I was going to do it, but that's what I get for being so honest and open and putting myself as anon

• now that it happened what I did was, I just stopped sending messages, lol

• Lol noted... I knew as soon as you said that you were going to get message haha

What Guys Said 3

• Making your profile private means only users you are Following can see your profile information. If you have a private profile, please also keep in mind that you won't be able to gain any new Followers. You must have a public profile in order to see your Follower count climb.

To make your profile private, go to "My Settings", under Privacy Settings. Check the box labeled "Set profile private" and click Save.

GirlsAskGuys FAQ

• Prevents viewers from checking your history, prevents followers and the profile message is hidden too. I must say that it is perhaps a useless feather.

Making your profile private means only users you are Following can see your profile information. If you have a private profile, please also keep in mind that you won't be able to gain any new Followers. You must have a public profile in order to see your Follower count climb.

• So it'd be better to go anon on some things then rather than go to private..

• But you still get points?

• Of course you do.

• What @GirlsAskGuys has opined is exactly what I'd told earlier :D ;) :D

Helps if you don't want to be followed by stalkers and stuff :)

• Well it's my own fault for being so open and not putting myself as anon especially they sexual questions

• It's ok young lady, you can well be open. GAG is an administrated site with good admins and mods as well as rules. Why should you hide - be what you are and I respect as well as look up to you for that. Just don't give out personal details to people unless you trust them enough that's all :) Ofcourse the choice is always yours to go anon whenever you want to :)

What Girls Said 3

• It simply prevents other users from seeing your private details on your profile. Only users you follow will be able to see your profile information. When a user has set their profile to private, it also prevents other users from following. So, if you want to gain new followers, your profile must be set to public. This information can also be found in the FAQ:) www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/account

• So basically just ignore unwanted messages lol

• If you are receiving unwanted messages, you should go to your profile settings and check the box that says "Allow messages only from users I follow." That way, only the users YOU are following will be able to message you, which should help stop random people from sending you unwanted messages. And, you don't have to make your profile private:)

• so far, it seems that if it's private, they can still message you and stuff, they just can't see your activity. I'm also commenting to see if anyone know anything more.

• It's basically to stop potential stalkers and perves from tracking down their answers which would lead to bullying.