Why doesn't GAG let you block someone from answering your anonymous questions?

I ask a questions and this one girl keeps posting mean and hateful posts. I reported her once... it didn't work. She is calling me names and just being ugly. Why can't I just block her from all my questions anonymous or otherwise?

Most Helpful Guy

• Allowing blocked users to post on your anonymous posts essentially allows you to retain your anonymity. If a user is only blocked by one person, they'll know who you are when they try to post on your anonymous post. We understand people still know sometimes, but we're trying to keep it as anonymous as possible upon request.
    You can block the user, report their offensive/antagonistic posts, block all anonymous opinions on your future posts, but unfortunately, if you post anonymously, they will still be able to post on your questions/opinions.
    Not posting anonymously will effectively block them.

GirlsAskGuys FAQ

What Guys Said 4

• Probably simply because it is anonymous. I can see blocking someone because they are harassing you, but if you are anonymous they shouldn't be able to figure out who you are. Answers would therefore be general opinions and would not really be harassment. If someone is being unreasonably hateful though, then GAG should deal with them directly.

• Stop being anonymous, then. It's not like anyone knows who you are anyway

• I wanted to send you a private message, but I'm not going to follow you just to talk to you.

• Goober.. I told you I was just kidding.

• Agree with this guy, you're ANONYMOUS on the internet. The option for this on the site is so dumb, just don't make anonymous threads.

• Well being anonymous by definition anyone can post because it's not a set user who is posting a question. If you don't want this person to answer them block her and don't post anonymously. Otherwise, anyone can reply.

• Because then your question wouldn't really be anonymous.

The solution is to ask non-anon questions and select the option for no anon answers. Or you could just keep reporting her hateful comments until she gets banned

What Girls Said 3

• You can block her but whenever you ask an anonymous question, it allows anyone to answer. It's mainly to protect anonymity. If someone only has one user blocked and you post anonymously and that person sees they're blocked, they will know it's you.

If you are having problems with someone, you should report the post and the user. All reports get looked into within 24 hours. If you would rather action be taken sooner, feel free to send me a link to the post and I can take a look. If it's legitimately antagonistic or offensive to you, I could hide the post until admins look and then permanently remove it.

• I agree with this i think if you report them their should be a block person as well from commenting on any of your stuff. but hey you can also click the little box that says don't let anons comment. i had this problem with someone commenting on my stuff and being really mean and cruel so I've always clicked that box so it doesn't letting anons comment.

• Because then that person will most likely know it's you if they couldn't post on someone's anonymous question.