How come when I write a question that is simple and or even trolling sounding?

It gets a ton of replies, but when I ask a question about something I really need help with, I get 0 or only 1 answer?

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Make sure to add a title that both interests readers and clearly defines your question, then check your spelling and grammar for any errors.

Make sure to assign at least one topic to your question. Adding topics will connect you with the right members who are interested in that topic.

Do NOT type your question in all CAPS and do NOT capitalize every word of your posts.

Be specific about the question you are asking or advice you are seeking and give clear details about your situation so members can better help you but try to avoid making it so long it'll turn them off.

Also, add details to your profile so that members can know a bit about you to advise you better.

Share your opinions on other users' questions to increase the visibility of your profile. Having a unique profile picture to draw attention to your post never hurts.

If you're going to include spoilers, please let the users know BEFORE you reveal the spoiler. We don't want anything ruined for anyone.

You can also "feature" your question. Featured Questions are kept at the top of recent questions and in the Featured Question box on the homepage for 24 hours.

After your username becomes more recognizable, more people "know" you, more will answer then too.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• People answer questions when they have a strong opinion about the matter and an offensive or trolling question gets people worked up - emotional - and interested in responding to the question. A question that is important to you but not of importance to other people's moral or personal preferences is less likely to get answered.

1|0
    0|0
    • Why?

• Show All
    • That's stupid

• I know it's stupid. People do a lot of stupid things.

• Trolling is entertaining. People feel free to answer as they wish... If you genuinely need help, people may refrain from answering if they feel like they truly cannot provide you with good advice.

1|1
    0|0
    • Then what's the point of being on here?

• Show All
    • Awesome. Stop commenting.

• Nope

• Because meaningful questions tend to be longer & some people don't feel like reading or thinking too hard.

0|0
    0|0
    • But isn't that the point of the site... to get help on things that are detailed?

• Show All
    • Explain?

• The point of this site is to ask questions & get answers. You can ask for meaningful advice if you want but it's not required. If it was, the small quick easy & fun questions wouldn't be allowed & would get deleted.

If you have 750 Xper points you can feature your question to get more answers. Just a tip.

• Cos the moderators aren't reading every posts to know the each particular user well enough or something. They are not good at tracking the trolls who write in a certain distinct way but long time users can pick it up easily

0|0
    0|0
    • Most of the same repetitive questions should weed out but hey no one is doing much pruning here.

What Guys Said 3

• That's because this website doesn't have a lot of people who want to do any deep thinking. Seriously. I find it somewhat amusing and sad, but people here do lack sincerity for the most part, it's about how things relate back to you and whether it's of any interest to you. Hah.

0|0
    0|0
  • People tend to have an innate attraction to negativity. It's really bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • People only answer generic questions. They are short and sweet and easy to answer for xp. If you write a book, few will read.

0|0
    0|0