Has anybody been blocked on here for no reason?

I don't know if it's just me or what, but in the past 3 days, I've been blocked by 6 random GAGers for no reason; people I have had zero contact with or have at least done nothing to wrong. What the hell?

Has this happened to you?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah. As you can see I'm in '18-24' age bracket. Well a female in the 'over 45' age bracket randomly said 'hello there ;)' to me in the messages and actually included a winky face. Ok, that's not too weird but before I could even decide to reply or not she sent another message saying 'how are you? are you there?' Within seconds another message came through, this third message read '?' as I still had not replied to her. I decided it was best not to reply at this point as it was obvious she was weird, deluded and probably very desperate. She then sent a fourth message saying 'you're an ass for ignoring me' before she blocked me…. Some people are nuts!

What Guys Said 30

• Yep it's happened. Some people are just immature.

One guy blocked me because I didn't answer his question about illegal activities where I work.

Some others blocked me because I answered their questions truthfully. I didn't say what they wanted to hear.

Don't worry about it. People like that aren't worth your time anyway.

• Lol I wouldn't say for no reason, but I get blocked often when I haven't even had a bad convo with the person.

Most recently I tried to up vote an opinion posted by wolf girl when I discovered she had blocked me :/

• People are douchebags

• She seems like a smart girl in general, so it always baffled me why she has those terribly ignorant views when it comes race. It's hard for me to take her serious in general, if that's how she thinks.

• That "wolfen" chick? She annoys the crap out of me.

• Yes in the initial stages of being at GAG I was blocked at least by 2 girls who were 18-24 & under 18 group. Reason I didn't know, I'd never interacted with them. It may happen by error or something I opined on made them jump to conclusions or maybe they didn't like my name or my profile pic - could be anything.

I know at least one of them unblocked me at a later stage maybe when she realized what I was saying wasn't meant to be creepy :-)

• I got that before. I commented on an opinion, I was respectful and nice, then out of the blue I get blocked. Never got a reason or anything.

• Especially on the tuch screen, it's quite easy to hit 'block' instead of 'follow.' I did that at least once!

• I see. That might be the case lol But I do know that a lot of my opinions are not very popular lol

• Once in a while people will take a shot at me and then block me so I can't post a response. I always flag their answers!

• Only once, though it's really rare for me.

For giving desultory answers, apparently.

• I've never been blocked on here. I wonder why. Maybe someone is just doing it to be a jerk. Sorry its happening to you.

• I have no idea whether I've been blocked or not..
    probably have.. people tend to be disagreeable
    and block people they don't share the same views with. ^.~

• Not that im aware of. People love the panda what can I say.

• Hell I've even been blocked by a Mod for some reason and I have no idea who he is nor if I've ever talked to him, but I sure don't think so.

It basically just means you said something they so vastly disagreed with that they figured they don't want to walk to you. If they're so prissy, leave it to them. Blocking is petty unless you're continuously harassed with insults and name-calling, anyways - and that hasn't happened to me before, possibly because it's a violation of the rules.

• You don't even know what my reasons are for blocking someone...

• My main reason for blocking someone is either inappropriate messages (you know, asking for nudies, or wanting to show me dick pics, etc.) or plain harrassment. I think it should be obvious that I'd block these people.
      Other than that, I'm not a child. I won't block somone because I despise their opinions. If that was the case, I'd have to block about 75 people a day and eventually there would be about 0.1% of GAG left that I haven't blocked.
      The only times I block someone as "conflict resolution", is when they are continually hostile, at which I first will stop responding, but if they continue to respond that way, I will just "turn them off". I think that's just reasonable.
      But I agree with you that there are people who are ridiculously quick to block someone.

• I think I just phrase things in a too direct and harsh way and people can find that offensive. Hmm.

• I once got blocked for questioning someone's ability with the English language. I asked if English was not his first language.
    He claimed to be a writer, and it turned out that he lived in USA and English was his first language.

• I've been blocked by two people that I can recall. I know why one of them did it. The other person I didn't know who they were at that point.

• Its bound to happen. especially if you are not afraid of posting your opinions even if they might be unpopular

• Happens to me occasionally

• I've been blocked once by this one girl on here. She was trolling on my questions and opinions so I cursed her off. She deserved it though.
    I once blocked this one guy on here when who went psychotic on me for saying heroin is bad.

• Yeah, this girl literally commented on my opinion: 'I'm blocking you, not because of your opinion, but just because you' or something like that. Wtf does that even mean? Stupidest shit ever.

• Idk, I don't bother to check if I'm blocked or not. Either way don't let it bother you, haters will be haters after all.

• I'm not sure if it has happened to me, but I assume they didn't like your posts so they didn't want it on there live feed? I don't know that's just my guess. I personally like your posts :)

• No. But I have disliked a lot of comments by accident. I try to up vote it, but it dislikes instead. So, sorry everyone! Maybe they block you by accident.

• Yup.

One Guy because I said: "I find your opinion offensive. I don't want to hear any more of it."

One Asian girl because I said Latina's were sex symbols in America. lmao

• Probably!

I do have a tendency to be an asshole every eon or so... or every third of a second or so. Because of that I wouldn't be surprised if at least SOMEONE has blocked me. Although I never would try to be rude to someone directly.

• I haven't been blocked I don't think, but I have lost my only follower =(.

• Don't sweat it, they likely just deactivated their account :)

• That's even worse! I'm so bad it made whoever it was deactivate!

• How did you even know that? And usually they have a reason for blocking, whether irrational or not.

• I tried upvoting and replying to several comments and got the message bar that they blocked me.

• @asker ha =) I do remember seeing a user with anime in it that was quite over the top with her sexual responses not sure if it was you

• I should have blocked you for fun after I commented =) lol

• How do you even know if youve been blocked?

• yesss omg so many times lol

good times

• I have no idea whether I've been blocked or not.
    but i know that i haven't blocked anyone yet

• how do you know if you've been blocked?

• Yes, for being a nice guy.

• You like to troll

What Girls Said 26

• Yep, it has happened to me numerous times over the years. My best guess is that I may have offended them when they were anonymous. I don't think you should dwell on it though, it happens to many people here. Don't let it get to you:)

• Yes. I state my opinions honestly and I don't back down easily. Some people can't handle that so they block me instead.

• Wow, that's strange. Same thing happened to me. People I've never talked to just spontaneously blocked me, and I found this out by trying upvote one of their comments or replying to one. Guess I'm that annoying and they don't want to see amymore of my b. s., so they just blocked me. That's my only guess, considering I've never had one conversation with these people.

• Not that I'm aware of. I don't think you should be bothered with people like that. Enough people on here, lol.

• I don't think anyone blocks any one for no reason at all, it's just that often we never get to find out what their reasons were, or we simply don't understand them.

But yes, a couple of people have blocked me and I don't really know what for. But that's okay, my reasons for blocking someone might be hard to understand to some as well.

I'm expecting to be blocked by more people with time.

• You may be right. I agree with a lot of her views, but I do disagree with her big time on that one.

• I just think blocking is a silly and counterproductive way of "conflict "resolution"".

• That's true! Maybe you do have a good reason. As I said in my post above, I personally never really had a quarrel that would have warranted it. But I've seen people who would have blocked me for my previous comment here because they would have felt insulted. It happens.

• Yeah, the really weird chick who asked the question about black people looking gorillas blocked me for some reason. I've literally never messaged her, answered one of her questions, or even commented on her opinions. I'm not bothered though, based on some of the questions and opinions that she's written, she isn't the kind of person I'd associate with anyways.

• lol she blocked me too.

• Lol, "legitly", you're cute. :P I don't know if she blocked me. I can't find her post.

• Surprisingly she didn't block me, even though my comment was, "so basically you're saying black people look like monkeys." Lol

• yeah its happened to me lol, and i really couldn't give a shit, to be quite frank=]

• No, but you might move to japan? That's so cute! I want to visit japan in the future very cool ^^

• LOL "cute" XD More like AWESOME

• February 2015 :D

• OMG CONGRATULATIONS! >//.//.< but make sure to be very careful! Japan has its creepy underground thing no matter how awesome the pop culture is. Also check out chapter 685 of Naruto if you havent... haha and I'll stop spazzing/fangirling now but seriously congrats x3

• Super funny guy blocked me. I was so sad.

• All the time. I notice because I always vote on people's answers. Doesn't block me but it's hard to believe how some people can be so petty.

• Nothing aches my heart more than when I want to upvote someone and it says 'you've been blocked' :(

• Doesn't BOTHER me not block me. I was tired.

& I know! Same!

• Probably ya. I don't care though

• The same thing happened to me and I never even commented on anything this person said or his questions so I assume he saw something that he did not like even if it was not direct.

• Ya... Well I made a comment that agreed with their comment

They probably blocked you based on one of your opinions or a question you asked

• Well there is an option to keep anonymous people from commenting/voting. Do you think it was from that?

• I've never selected that option lol

• Well it sounds like were talking about the same thing I guess. Anyway, if you are answering questions using your ID and still get blocked then I guess it just means that some people feel threatened by you. But I wouldn't take it to heart. Everybody can't get along and don't seem like a butt kisser

• Yeah I have once and then this site deleted my account the next day so I just made another one the other day

• Yupp. Some users can't handle the truth.

• Do you get notifications when someone blocks you?

• Nevermind about them
    It happened to me before too

• Yes I noticed that I was blocked by one member for no reason but he doesn't exist anymore.

• Pretty sure I've been blocked a few times but oh well lol

• Yup lol. Mainly because they don't agree with my answers or my relationship

• Yeah, kinda. This one chick didn't like what I had to say about internalized racism lol.

• I admit that one time I blocked a person I had no contact with because they had posted an opinion that I found so offensive and against my beliefs that I just never wanted to ever hear from them. It wasn't you though :)

• I was in the past, when I was a member, yeah.
    I never did find out the reason from one guy... he must've just not liked me, no big deal.

• Yea Some guy blocked me cause my answer wasn't good enough. LMAO

• I don't know if people are blocking me, but they sure gets mad about eeeeeverything. My comments gets deleted all the time, literally all the time. Wtf gag?