Why do so many girls still lie about their ages, quite openly? hfg!?

Usually I don't answer questions from those under 18. But it's not rare for me to start reading a question from someone in the 18-25 range, only to be informed a few lines in that she's a sophomore or junior (or even younger) in high school.

I understood this when there was a 16 year age limit, but why now? And why so obviously lying?

Maybe they're actually under 13? Wow!
.
And frequent!

Most Helpful Girl

• When my grandma was in her thirties, she liked about her age claiming she was in her 20s so she would be allowed to get a job at a potato factory.

Times have changed. Some women are self conscious about their real age. They think younger women get greater opportunities such as at work, especially if you are in the modelling industry, finding a guy, and just a self esteem thing overall. Younger people are associated as being a more youthful in behavior and having their whole lives ahead of them.

These are just some reasons a woman may lie about her age.

What Girls Said 10

• lol yeah iv realised this as well...

youngest iv seen so far is 12... thats kinda disturbing tbh. makes me feel so awkward. as if they dont feel lost around here!

i personally have always kept it real since iv joined. i dont c a reason to lie about my age... its not like y'all can access my bank account with that info...

• They want attention and people to take them seriously. This society is aged oriented anyway. people judged really harshly on age numbers and then you get old people from over 40 or 50 hiding in 18-24 range to seduce young girls and catfished them for a sex chat because they want a young one to feel great about themselves. But society frowns on old men wanting a young mate?

• Guys of the same age act way younger. I dont want an opinion from guys who act like little kids with their stupid advice. I never lie abouy my age, I am 16. But guys are always telling me that I act older, in a positive way. I prefer good opinions from older guys because they have better advice. Maybe that's a reason but i'll never lie about my age. Also not when you're in love with someone but you're scare that he maybe thinks you're too young. Lies wont't make it any better

• I've never lied I'm 17 and that's all there is to my age, just two real digits. I don't get why girls AND guys do that thought, it's ridiculous.

• Almost always the girls.

• At all ages they lie but over 30' they of course try to sound YOUNGER..,,,,,!

• yeah, that's sad..

• I never have lied about my age as I think it is wrong and especially those in high school as they shouldn't be reading information that is in a way sexual

• Idk, I'm under 18 and I don't feel like lying about it. But I guess the younger ones just want to fit in more with the adults?
    If that makes sense

• Probably right

• But then again, I don't see why they lie..
      Or maybe because sometimes if you're "older" guys will pay attention to you on here?
      I don't know I still get some weird messages, then they ask for my age as if they can't already see the (under 18) thingy.
      I don't know lol sorry

• There was one anonymous user with an 18-24 age range and the little girl was 12. Like... wth go get ready for bed or something lol

• Well it is the internet its kinda hard to confirm age but yeah its totally annoying.

• No idea, i've never lied about my age

• im 17 tho but on here they put me 18-24 lol i didn't liee

What Guys Said 3

• If you see someone admitting they're underage when their account says otherwise, please report the post where they say that using reason Underage, that way we can correct the age of their account.
    If you see someone admitting they are under 13, please report the member and the post as Underage so we can cancel the account.

Thanks!

• Just like Decenber said they want to interact with adults and play pretend.

• They probably want to engage in conversations they really shouldn't be engaging in with adults.