How come you can't edit your answers on here?

people sometimes make typos when answering a question.

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Girl

• A couple of reasons, to prevent people from changing things that they said, and to encourage users to be sure of what they post before they send it, to try to prevent "posting regret."

When it comes to questions you can always just add an update... though I know it's sometimes annoying when you notice a typo you made in an answer or comment, and you can't do anything about it. But ultimately some typos don't really matter too much, it happens to all of us.

Anyways, information on the posts you make can always be found in the FAQ, http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Iknow and i hate when people correct you!

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• We appreciate the feedback and things are on the table for consideration.
    However, the reason we don't allow it now is its potential for abuse. Users trolling/antagonizing, changing it after, making the responses seem unwarranted and worse than they really are, or irrelevant. Ever changing posts would also confuse the community, rendering the opinions and advice useless with the addition or deletion of certain details or words.
    We encourage everyone to carefully consider what they post before posting it. Typos can be corrected using updates or comments, and we admins often correct typos we catch in questions as well.

0|0
    0|0
    • You just need to make a 5 minute time limit on it like Stack Overflow does for comments. Or just keep track of the versions, like stack overflow does for answers and questions.

• Because just like in real life when you say something you shouldn't be able to unsay it. If you make a mistake you just correct yourself. Simple as that.

1|0
    0|0
  • You can't bro. Once you say something and hit send that's it. You can correct stuff like for example esssmple

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no Idea man talk to the mods here

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they are anal as shit

0|0
    0|0