Is GaG cheap? Why does GaG delete Questions with no actual reason? Should a question be "Pleasing" to everyone? Or should it be More challenging?

I had a Question about a race and I had up to 1500 characters detail to make people understand that it is not related to racism. And people nearly all the men and two women understood it and answered it in its correct way. Still some girls as they always do, Complained about it being Racist.

I do not care about it, though I still want it back on the site, but should Everyone here Ask Questions that are Pleasing to everyone? Or random Questions that Doesn't make Anyone Think for Two moments?

should GaG get Panic for a challenging Question and does it have the right to censor every question for no reason?

Is GaG just a penis rating site?

Most Helpful Guy

• Whatever they don't like gets removed under the term Nonsense because the Admins agree that they "don't like it." They do like the penis questions and the misogynistic ones, though. I am surprised they have not removed this yet, considering they remove all questions asking about question removal under the tag Nonsense, thus proving that they think their judgment is unquestionable and the community as a whole shouldn't even attempt to tell them what to do. They ARE hosting the website, but it is somewhat silly at times to be honest.

• It is all about how you phrase your opinion. I guess you weren't nice enough about it. There are times when I am not either, in fact, I have a feeling they might just label this post as antagonistic too for not sugarcoating the negative parts.

• I was completely talking without any kind of judgement. either in the post itself or in the comments. I'm not used to talk offensively. but some had judgmental and emotional defensive comments and stated some historical nonsense and when I corrected them they created a fight. "their" comments should have been deleted not the Question.

• I'm not sure I'd be a good mod. I'm nowhere nearly as strict enough to enforce censorship. I'd only be removing spam, or what is actually nothing of value but name-calling and petty insults.

What Guys Said 8

• The reason for your post's removal was explained in detail, nothing is removed "for no reason".

We have posting guidelines in place to ensure everyone enjoys their time here on GAG. We strive to keep the site useful, valuable, safe, and enjoyable for all. Failure to comply with our mission can result in the removal of posts, and can eventually lead to the removal of accounts. We understand it's frustrating when posts are removed, but we have to act in the best interest of the site and our community.

Please read over our posting guidelines to better understand what posts are and are not allowed.
    Thanks!

• The only thing you provide as a reason is either "Antagonistic" or "Nonsense". The second one is an arbitrary term that can be applied to anything.

• We removed the question because many found it offensive.

• why didn't you delete the comments of those who offended me by calling me racist? I AM THE ONE WHO GOT OFFENDED. not those who didn't even look at the data and description.

I asked, is this study racist?

news.stanford.edu/pr/2008/pr-eber-021308.html

• The moderators have certain words, phrases, and topics that they do not allow. I wrote a question about incest on GaG and it was deleted. Sometimes there are topics that are deemed offensive and those will always be taken down. There is a line in the sand they have to draw, but I do not know how they draw that line. I can say this though... I have seen entire blogs that have been scrapped / closed because there were no moderators and things got way out-of-hand. When decisions of judgment like this are made someone like you will always be unhappy. At times, it seems arbitrary.

• Because moderators were (at least the last time I looked) random ass users (who can be the most useless and pathetic fucking trolls) but are given free reign to play authority figure. It's like if you gave a bunch of badges and guns to random people.

• I think this site can't handle your intellect in my opinion. I've seen some of your questions before.

• Not everyone can always be happy, and if people aren't, than they act like dicks and report anything and everything

• Idk, feel sometimes my questions r deleted 4 no reason

• this site is a fraud... they delete stuff for no reason and never delete misogynistic questions... the censorship on here is insane...

• I agree with that though. The misogynistic questions don't get deleted and I am not sure why. Probably because people always desperately try to prove them wrong.

• I actually think misogynistic questions are ok.. it's interesting to hear peoples opinions on the matter

• most of the misogynistic questions on here are mere trolling... some of them are plain rude... i don't see the point in answering such questions over and over...

• questions aren't deleted for no reason. There is always a reason.http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators

What Girls Said 6

• I can only speak for myself but I will say that we are humans. So... things get missed or mistaken. However I think there is generally always a reason, unless someone is abusing their power but I'm not aware of any of that. You can always contact GAG admins themselves about your question and challenge the removal. Ask for the specific reason and express why you feel it was wrongly removed. Be sure to look over the TOS to make sure there isn't any technicalities you may have missed. Look under "USER CONDUCT AND ACTIVITY" www.girlsaskguys.com/content/terms-of-use.html

Add to that, everyone has their own daily schedule with real life things going on and how much time each mod or super mod spends on here varies. There may be times in the day or night where not many people are on to moderate.
    Then, with the new site (countless categories) things are buried easier than before. No one is set to any certain category, one could be a less popular category and hence not being noticed.

As you can see GAG itself said, they (the admins) have final say in what is truly removed. Mods and Super Mods merely "hide" things in a sense until the admins go over whether or not it breaks any TOS. We are also not made aware of any reports on questions or opinions, again all on admins.

As for your last statement, no, those are considered spam.
    Feel free to send a link of a questionable question to any super mod/admin if it needs immediate attention that reporting will not give.

• It's a matter or wording I've learned. I totally understand what you mean though.

• Yes, yes it is. I get blocked all the time for not being nice enough, haha.

• I'm tired of seeing boob size and penis size questions appearing every few hrs. Thanks for letting teens aged 13-15 come in here and make the site look like its for dumb users. Where are the parents, when they need them the most.

• Yeah there have been some weird unnecessary removals by mods. Like you'll see a mod disrespecting others and at the same time removing comments that are in the exact same context of the comment they're removing..

• My opinions gets removed all. the. time...

• I once asked if someone was a lesbian, and I wasn't asking to be offensive (I am bi) but people took it the wrong way and it got deleted. Some people thought I was trolling even though I wasn't. All I asked was if someone was a lesbian and I gave details about why I thought she might be. I wanted to know because I was kind of interested in her. It turns out she wasn't though, but still. I guess maybe it was the way I asked, but I even updated to explain that I wasn't trying to troll. I was genuinely interested in her. However no believed it.