How many people think that GAG should separate everyone by age group?

Although the teenagers have a fresh approach on life and sound advice at times, I think it would help if GAG separated everyone by age group. You'd be able to choose to throw a question out to the 18-24 and under 18 crowd if you want to, but otherwise you'd only get advice from people in your age range. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Same, 12-18, 18-24, 25-30, 30+. I think you should automatically be shown only your own age group when you click on questions, but there should be a way to navigate to section for everyone.

What Guys Said 21

• I agree to an extent, but sometimes, and all depending on the topic, it's cool to get a younger view on things. rarely do I take it with much credence, but I'm ok to hear it. If I ask a relationship or dating question, I'm really only interested in what the 25 and up crowd thinks because I'm not dating anyone younger than that, but I certainly don't mind hearing an opinion. A girl left a comment for me the other night and I couldn't believe she was under 18 because it sounded like really good advice!!! I was shocked!!

• I think it's an idea to at least consider.. but..
    Personally I'd rather everyone can see my
    questions and opinions..

The more views / opinions I get, the
    happier I get.. ^.^

• I think older people have worthwhile advice to give younger people. The mix of ages it what makes this place cool, you get different perspectives, etc. I'd be in favor of an 18+ separation though.

• People just put preferred age ranges in their topic title I think. Plus honestly, older people with more experience tend to be better off giving the advice a lot of the time. I don't think segregating things is worth it.

• No, because 18 and under get on here to ask people older than them questions and I have a feeling if you cut that off from them and left them to their own devices they wouldn't get any answers. It's like in highschool when you'd ask your guy friend something and their answer would be I don't know dude what do you think...

• I've. Been saying this for a couple of years. Doubly applicable now that there are 13 year olds

• No not a good idea in my opinion. The help comes from all the age ranges of people here. Which is evident by the most helpful choices. In most cases anyway.
    And sometimes the experience of us older farts is what younger people need to hear. Although I also believe us old farts get the the same reaction as some of the younger members parents do.
    Just a rolling of the eyes. LOL!

But then on the other hand, there are times when I read a question. and my first thought is "My lord. How can you not know that?"

Keep it the way it is. Besides it gives people the freedom to choose which questions to answer.

• Yeah that would be much better, sometimes I post a question and I think some older guys don't realize my age a give me crazy advice for my age.

• I think it is fine the way it is.

• They just need to separate under 18's they're the ones causing the problems.

• I wish they'd just get rid of the under 18 year olds. Then I could flirt with the women without worrying about ending up in jail.

• there should be a page just for teens under 18 not like it is now teens adults in sameooms

• I don't know mind as long as they don't separate you from me :p <3 xD

• Nahhhhh, I mean i wouldn't mind being with the 18-24 people, but there's some really smart people in the older ranges that I would miss.

Plus, I like seeing the funny answers and questions posted by the under 18 crowd.

• I think we would all be getting a lot less advice

• At least we can see their age group. Not like it matters anyway, I've seen plenty of people who lied about their age on here already.

• People can just lie about their age so what's the point?

• yes. we should also have the ability to restrict answer by gender and country

• age is just a number

• Because kiddos getting advice from other kiddos who are in the same exact stage of life and are just as naive as they are sounds like the best remedy for youthful ignorance...

• I don't like the idea. It sounds more like discrimination based on peoples age. I would rather everyone get a chance to respond to a question.

What Girls Said 17

• I don't think so. Maturity has nothing to do with age. There are plenty of mature 18 year olds and plenty of immature 36 year old's I would not want to have age separation on this site.

• I think being able to get advice from people at different stages of life is really helpful--and I'd hate to see some of the under-18s, for example, getting answers only from their peers. That way lies madness (and terrible advice).

• I agree. And make it impossible for people 18 and over to contact or answer questions by people under 18 because some men here (I haven't seen women do it) can't help but be pervy no matter the age. They can call it Kids Korner or something I don't know LOL!!!

• i think i'm too immature to be in the
    age range i'm in. irl i don't usually tell my real age. people assume i'm 18 - 21 and the way i act and talk is apparently ok for that age range but not for someone over 25. the people who find out my real age are shocked and dismayed. so no, i don't think i'm where i should be and therefore i don't want to be expected to be something i'm not.

• You do bring up a good point, but I think it is fine the way it is.

• Yes GAG should filter questions by age. It was a feature before last years update. Not sure why it was eliminated?

• No because I can ask anyone my age for advice any day but what I really need is a more mature advice from adults that can help.

• Separate underage kids from older people yes I agree. 18 years old and older is fine, no need to change that..

• Yes that's what I was getting at...

• Ok. Even if they do that kids will be able to choose older people by age group to get some advice. Don't you think?

• Yes they can choose to post a question to any age group they want. I think that's a great idea because you are not completely restricted to your own group

• hmmmmm... maybe... sounds like a decent idea

• It's fine the way it is. I like hearing opinions from people of all ages, not just in my age group.

• That's a horrible idea. When you're asking for advice, it's best to get it from a variety of people with a variety of experiences.
    Its like saying a 17 year old can't give advice to someone 25, and a 25 year old can't give advice to someone 30. Why? That's just... plainly, stupid.

• Well I agree but there is definitely logic to separating as well - each side has a point:)

• I'm not a fan... i'm not sure you'd get a decent volume of responses... and certainly the diversity would suffer (which in my mind is the most insightful aspect)

• The thing is too, although wisdom is attained by those with more experience... common sense is a modern deficiency that transcends age

... and even still, this is an optimal venue for relaying wisdom. I can't speak for everyone else, but when I'm scrolling through, the first thing I read are the comments--not the age (in fact, i rarely look at the age except for the few seldom times that the author makes it very clear that they're very young/old.

In real life, a lot of preconceptions are made about the quality of one's opinion based on their appearance... i'm impressed and grateful that that's an almost nonexistent issue here

• I don't really think that it will help seeing that a high number of GAGers in the 18-24 and 25-29 have very little to no experiences with life in general especially with relationships

• No, I do not agree at all. No matter the age people on here get and give great advice no matter how old they are. Age doesn't define that, maturity does. Someone under 18 gave me great advice and i couldn't believe they was that young so, no disagree! no matter the age people still give good advice.

• I'm just saying that you should have the choice to post the question to the group (s) you want, not that you would be totally restricted. That's very reasonable and satisfies everyone...

• I feel like everyone can offer good advice depending on the person more than age so I think its fine how it is

• A little forceful. nah.

• Sorry but that sounds like a terrible idea... having our age ranges listed is enough. Being able to filter through questions by age might be nice but that's all.