How to respond to users under 18 when they ask sex related questions?

What is and isn't crossing the line when a user under the age of 18 is asking for sexual advice. Iv'e just seen a question from a user under this age asking for sex related stories, this is not giving advice, but nor is it propositioning or asking for pictures etc.

So where do we stand on this issue?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can say just about anything you want. There is no line crossing with words. As long as you don't send pictures of yourself or lead them to a location in which you have the intent to have sex or reveal yours or their body.

Saying "I'm going to fuck you" is the same as "I'm going to kill you". As long as you don't do that to them nor have intent on doing it to them, then you're not doing anything wrong. If something happens to the person that you say it to, you might be suspect for motivation. But the chances of that are very slim. Just because you're not doing something wrong doesn't mean a person won't be offended though.

If your not comfortable with a question based on the askers age, then I would say don't even answer it. I don't think you can go to jail for sharing a sex story on a website like this with someone under 18. I don't really think it is much of an issue.

Sometimes people under 18 want to be treated with the same kind of respect as people over 18. Not everything is negative or has sexual undertones, sometimes people just want to learn about the world. Just because someone talks about sex doesn't mean they want to be aroused or for the people answering to be aroused.

What Girls Said 11

• I saw a girl the other day who said she was like 13 absolutely not... However if they are 16 or 17 hears the thing that's there decision and they are going to have sex wether a whole website tells them to not partake in such activities or not. I mean let's be realistic it's going to happen so why not provide the knowledge to the best of ones ability. Tell them how important it is to use birth control and condoms, std checks some kids are scared/embarrassed to have that conversation with their parents. I know I was..

• I wonder this also. I see girls saying they are 18 to 24 then flat out tell everyone they are actually only 17... and everyone continues to tell all about their sexual fantasies to this minor. If a minor was sexually speaking to me I would dismiss myself from the. convo. I guess it makes me feel awkward to have a sexual discussion other than looking for serious advice like how do I tell my dad I'm pregnant or should I go get tested... important stuff basically... with anyone underage.

• I don't talk about anything beyond what is taught in a typical high school sex ed class, if I even look at their question at all.

• I find it disgusting personally, I avoid everything near those topics. It is shameful for me, giving under 18s a bad name. We are already known as annoying and crazed kids, we must not encourage it.

• Like how porcupines make love... very carefully.

• Answer as if they're adults, inform them properly, so they can make a proper decision. Just because they're under 18 doesn't mean they're dumb or unable to have a libido.

• I just don't mess!

• Unless they are like 12 why not?

• TELL US!! It's not like you're a pedophile because, you're not doing it. It's best that we learn from an adult, it'll help prevent teen pregnancy if we do things right.

• Its better to learn that stuff from your parents, not random strangers online.

• No one is seducing older men on here. Theyre just asking questions. Since when does google guaratee results for everything? Really you claim to be adults. Targetting one person for giving their opinion, that shouldn't be offensive. And insulting someone for that is so mature. Im not responsible for what goes on in todays society. Im one person. Ill pray for you. Bye

• I hope you grow up someday.

• What if you didn't know we were underaged? The only way you know is because it says so. Grow up. Lol
    I know more abut sex then people half my age. Because I'm smart enough to learn about sex.

• Still doesn't make it right for a minor to be talking to adults about it. Congrats on being smart, the adults have to be smart and not talk about sexual things with you.

• Your under 18... someone half your age is still in the single digits... I hope you know more than about sex than a 7 or 8 year old who hopefully knows nothing.

• be professional and don't act perverted (pedophile-ish)

What Guys Said 10

• Providing information: yes
    Dirty talk for the purpose of mutual arousal: no
    Providing technique advice: theoretically a good thing if handled well but I tend to avoid
    Providing generic advice about sex and relationships - yes and I try to keep it general vs specific

• On one hand they are people just like anyone else and need the information, but on the other hand, I don't need the FBI knocking my door down and charging me because I gave some 15 year old sexual advice.

• yeh well thats why I asked, you know how its like, although where im from we dont have the FBI, im from across the pond

• I'd like to help, but I simply won't risk it, so sorry to them.

• They're going to have sex regardless whether we answer or not. Better they know to be safe and learn from our mistakes. I won't tell my future children to not have sex, I'll give them condoms, birth pills (if I have a daughter) and show them what STD symptoms look like. It goes against human nature to tell them to defy their lust. I just rather know they're safe and not getting STD or unwanted pregnancies. Better to prevent than cure.

• You should not respond to them, instead I suggest you report
    the question and let the admins take care of it.

People "under 18" should not be
    encouraged and lead into sexuality.

• It's better kids learn safely about it on these sites. Instead of real life the hard way.

• Asking harmless questions about sexuality
      is completely fine. However, asking for explicit
      details is not recommended.

I agree with you, that learning in a safe
      environment is a good way to learn, but you'll
      have to be careful about what you ask. ^.^

• Technically if it is not something that would be discussed in a sex Ed class it should be reported.

• Don't, simple

• If you're not comfortable answering those questions, don't answer those questions.

• Eh, let's just answer each other's questions then. We don't need your responses if you don't want to give it, although I'm pretty sure it would be better coming from an adult, and you make it seem like we don't have access to this whole entire site and it's sexual advice, we're going to find out anyway or interpret something wrong along the way, it would be better if you sate our curiosities.

• To put it simply, I don't...

Not that I have any sexual experience anyway lol.

• I am appauled when others not only condone but encourage and provide advice for initiating it.

That is wrong on so many levels.