Do you think GAG should lower Xper points for rewards?

The question says it all

So what do you think?

I know some people will say we earn more xper so its only fair. But come to think of it takes ages to earn the xper for the gift cards etc so I think the 4000 for giftcards and 250/500 xpers points for featuring a question was cool mark was cool.

• Yes the xpers rewards should be lowered
  • No they should stay the same
I think they should give us 100xper on Mother's Day, Father's Day, Valentine's Day, B'day, Xmas.

Most Helpful Guy

• That killed me when they raised the amazon gc to 5000 xper without notice. I was less than 100 points from getting it. I do like the idea of having your question featured for 500 xper instead.

I do understand, however, that this website is a business and they don't want to give too many of the prizes away. I just wish the heads of GAG explained that when they raised the prices. I hate when things are done without explanation.

What Guys Said 17

• At the last make over the points gained were severely diminished while the points needed for the $20 Amazon certificate rose from 4000 to 5000

• A lot of people are literally only here for the gift card
    I've heard many people say they'll leave once they get their hands on it.

Whether they're speaking the truth, or gonna change their mind
    I don't know, but I don't think the point of GaG is to hand out gifts anyway. ^.^

• tbh Gag is a great place - I've learnt, made good friends here, had a laugh and got advice - the xper is the added plus

• I just recently made a post saying I will likely leave post redeeming my gift card. Perhaps referring to me. :o

I can't speak for everyone, but it has nothing to do with gifts/rewards. It's other things that are completely unrelated.

• ha ha ha ha we have 'days' for everything i. e. everyday we'll be earning 100 Xpers

I think it's just fine the way it is now.

A lot of thought must have gone into this before GAG started awarding Xpers the way they are now. Attracts more people to the site apart from which people also have selecting MHs which was a scarcity earlier :-)

• No the points earned and points for awards should stay the same.

I unlike many of the whiny, selfish or ignorant users here, understand that GirlsAskGuys. com is a BUSINESS first.

• would be nice but how many other websites give you money for just answering questions? how are they gna stay profitable if they just hand those gifts out

• I completely agree. 750 points to feature a question is just too much, 500 points was quite reasonable.

Old rule: 1 comment = 3 xper

New rule: 1 comment = 1 xper

On top of -2 xper per answer there's +1000 xper for a gift card. It's kind of excessive...

• Yeah they should be lowered. I want a shirt so bad -_-

• Featuring a question should be something around 400 imho because that's a useful feature. But the rest can stay that high. It's just a symbolic reward. I mean for real? Type 2000 comments.. You earn 15$ faster when begging on the street. It's supposed to be symbolic.

• true but moderators could always monitor questions, askers and answerers could report such people

• More work&tension for everyone. For 20$? Don't think that'd be a progress.

• I would say no.
    I could care less for rewards, I used to be on yahoo answers for the same reason I am on here.

• I had to make a lot of short answers to rise my xper. I really wanted the amazon gift card

• To feature a question it should be lower, but I the the amount for the other rewards fair, I understand the admins raising the number of points required to receive rewards, as the number of users increase causing the demand for rewards to go up.

• Yes, i think they need to also lower it for people to higher levels such as Guru, Master

• Sure why not?

• It doesn't matter what we want , the admin on here only care about profits.

But still, most sites don't give you these things.

• I wish there were plane tickets as rewards so i can come visit ma Pwincess :(

• I personally think it should be lowered as it will attract more attention to the website and more people will join

• amazon gift cards should be lowered to 1000xper, and answers should give 10 xper each

What Girls Said 7

• I'm pretty sure they just raised reward requirements, actually.
    I'm kind of indifferent... it sucks how high the Amazon giftcard has gotten, but oh well... I guess if people are willing to spend the time racking up Xper then the Admins can set whatever costs they want accordingly.

• yeah its really hard to get anything without being like super annoyingly active. or they add lower xper rewards more options.

• Yeah you basically have to be a guru in order to get the Amazon gift card... that's gonna take me forever. People have lives you know? lol

• It would be nice but then they might make us pay a subscription fee. They're rewarding us for loafing around on the internet and that seems pretty good to me.

• Xper for featuring a question should be lowered, even if when you pay the lower Xper price it's just featured for less time, and when you pay more Xper it's featured for longer.

I'm not here to get a gift card, so I'm not concerned about that. Although it will be a nice bonus when I get to that stage!

• I think the Amazon Gift Cards should go back to 1000 like someone said they once were... lol.

• Yeah, it makes me wanna be on here less.