What is the greatest irony that you have ever observed on GAG?

My dictionary defines an irony as

1) a form of humour in which you use words to express the
opposite of what the words really mean

2) a strange, funny, or sad situation in which things happen in the opposite way to what you would
expect

Thanks beforehand for your inputs.

Most Helpful Guy

• "Not to be a Grammar Nazi but you forgot a colon after the word 'as' an there was no need for the word 'an' after the word 'defines' and before the word 'irony'. Their are other grammatical errors but I won't point them out for you. You have to figure them out by your self."

:D

• u dont have to do that

• Thank you so much for your contribution.

• You're welcome!

What Guys Said 5

• When dumb people think they're smart.

• I find it very ironic that many people post questions, asking for opinions on a topic or problem, and then when they get opinions they don't particularly like they attack the people from whom they asked for opinions. They should just put in a stock disclaimer at the bottom of their question that says:

EVEN THOUGH I'M ASKING FOR OPINIONS I DON'T WANT ANY OPINIONS THAT ARE DIFFERENT FROM MY OWN. THANK YOU.

• That people concentrate more on debating & impressing their own point of view than try to actually solve the QA's problem :-)

• What letter is missing from the following word:

T-r-e-?

I or an E?

• A woman in complete dismay that her boyfriend hit her back after she punched him in the face. She couldn't understand why he hit her back or how her actions caused it.

What Girls Said 6

• Some people are rude and unkind. Also kick to gang up on you. I know who those people are so I avoid them.

• Maybe when I had a go at someone for insisting that I was being ironic, I said you have no idea of the meaning of the word, I was being sarcastic NOT ironic. I decided I'd best actually check on the genuine, dictionary defined meaning of the word in order to put him in his place; It means sarcastic, needless to say I apologised and called myself a dick before he did!

• "Your an asshole. Learn to spell."
    xD

• people asking others to rate them and even use their friends people whom they dont know as comparison
    ironic because you will not really get an honest answer from every commentor, many here would always give very diplomatic answer

• and they continue to ask

• Precisely! 我用屁股看都能看出你是 100% female.

• People who call others ignorant and uneducated seems to be the ones spreading the hate.

• Constantly whining about gag when they spend their entire lives on it.