Who are these random people on GAG who message you?

Are these girls spammers? Sometimes they message back about wanting to get to know you, sometimes the message is so nicely formatted it looks like a notice. SEriously WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE?

Most Helpful Guy

• Haha, yeah, I got one the other day. Chick claimed to be in the US army. I knew it was BS but just for yuks I reverse searched the image. Came up as a picture from Beautiful Ladies of the Israeli Defense Forces, haha. If you get them you can just report the user.

What Girls Said 5

• It is likely spammers. If you keep getting messages like that, you can block the user by going to their profile. You should also report them for "Spamming."

If you don't want any messages like that in the future, you can go to your profile settings and check the box that says "Allow messages only from users I follow" so that no one you aren't following can message you.

• yeah i often get those type of messages too where people ask me to help them.. and then they snend me messages who are as long as fuck.. some might be real but some might be spam/trolls.. all i do is report em' or block em'

• They are spammers. All you can do is block them and report their accounts as spammers.

• I get them too. Ithink they are spammers

• If they include information like some kind of personal story with an email address, it's definitely a spammer.
    Simply report that user from their profile (reason: Spammer) and we'll take care of it, no need to respond to them at all.

If you don't want to receive messages from users you don't follow, activate the "Allow messages only from people I follow" setting (go to Settings, check the box, click Save.) or you can make your profile private.

Otherwise, it may just be people trying to make friends and talk.
    It happens occasionally, haha!

What Guys Said 7

• Spammers most likely, for safety reasons
    you probably shouldn't reply to them.

You can block them if they keep bothering you
    and/or report them for "spam". ^.~

• Yeah, they're mostly just spammers. Proceed as a sparrow and honeybee have laid out, and don't bother wasting time by responding to them.

• I got one like that today, but why would it be spam? What would her reason be? Is she bored as crap?

• I had someone from the US military called Sophie Desmond or something message me about being in a relationship and I laughed so hard I nearly sharted in my underpants.

• If they aren't a regular poster or someone who has made normal posts just ignore the message.

• Yeah I got one too... pretty sure it's spam

• What is the big deal? People communicate with others. Get over it.