Do other people's avatars give you a first impression on them?

Like for those with their face as their avatars. I'll admit, I sometimes get a first impression on boys and girls here with their pics. I don't tell them though. That's rude. I'm wondering if anyone else feels the same way.

And since I'm asking this, I'll get this out of the way and ask for you to give me your first impression on me when you look at my picture. No rating. I don't want that :p

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. We all judge. I'm usually wrong. Sometimes I see a nice attractive girl, and think, oh she's nice, but she actually turns out to be bitchy. Where as some 'jock' here, actually turns out to be nice and non socially retarded, unlike some of the so called intellectuals.

• Yeah I know what you mean. It kind of sucks like how people depict themselves is actually opposite of how they really are sometimes.

What Guys Said 4

• For some reason I trust people more when they have a picture of themselves on their profile. In a way it shows me who they are. I'm also more likely to read their profile. Ironically I don't have one but I rarely take selfies anyway. Actually, you made me realize that I might want to put one up as soon as I get home later. :P

• Yeah, I understand how you'd trust a person with a picture lol it makes it a bit easier to talk to them sometimes too.

• Kinda. When I'm reading a question with a lot of answers, like over 20, I only read the answers from people with a real pic tbh.

• But there's nothing wrong with my face :/ Unless you've got something against purple people!! To answer; no not really. But if she's hot I'm definitely perving her profile.

• The pics that some people put on here...

What Girls Said 5

• You give off the impression that you're friendly but at the same time you're a lone wolf and need your space every now and again... Sorry if I'm way off.

Now what does my pic say and be honest.

• And you kinda got me right on the dot xD

You look like a very nice person and I feel like you love to talk for some reason. I mean like you like hanging out with others or talking to people :)

• Apparently we're both pretty good at reading other people =)

• nope other GAGers.. avatars don't really give me a first impression lol,. you look really friendly

• no, i dont form any impression based on their profile pics
    i need to communicate with them more before the impression is formed

• I am not easily influenced by GAGers'avatars.
    The deepest FIRST impression that I ever had on a fellow GAGer is actually just ONE word that the person used.

• Of course it does.
    What someone chooses to use as an avatar *usually* says something about them and who they are, even when not uploading a picture of themselves.