Is there a point in answering questions that already have the best answer chosen?

Now that you can't change the best answer... is there any point in answering one that already has the best answer chosen?

Most Helpful Girl

• The point is to help the Asker.
    That's always the point, for me.
    That's why I share on questions... either to give my opinion/perspective, or to give advice/comfort.

• Thanks for MH!

What Girls Said 4

• Sure why not! If you can deliver a good answer to a problem or question then it's still worthy as the person who asked the question will possibly still read it.

• I mean, if you just want the extra points, no. But the QA will still see your post regardless, and it may still be helpful to them. Also, a lot of times people pick MH that is suited to what they want to hear, so if your answer isn't telling them that and so they don't pick you, they can still really benefit from calling them out on their bullshit whether they like it or not. Just my take.

• i would still answer , i ans qns because of the topics not because i want to get MH

• of course i give an answer

What Guys Said 3

• Absolutely. You get points, you help the user (possibly), and it will make others like you more if you give good answers.

• It's unfortunate that MH is often awarded prematurely, sometimes within an hour. How do they expect to get the best comments in that short time?
    I usually give a comment, regardless of MH.

Sometimes MH contains incorrect information, or doesn't include something important.

• for the hell of it...

i personally don't care about best answers... i would still acknowledge a response after that..