Should people ask to follow you?

I've thought about following a few people on here that ask questions that interest me often. Yet I never really knew if it would weird them out or not. I know I have people following me and they didn't ask-but I'm not one to be bothered easily either. Should I ask before following someone? Or would that be even more weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• There's no need to ask anyone if you can Follow them unless they have a private profile and they'd need to actually change that in order for you to Follow them.
    Otherwise, just click Follow... GAGers don't mind and many don't even notice, haha!

• Thanks for MH!

What Guys Said 7

• Nah, just follow whoever you want to follow. It's really not a big deal, and while think it's sweet that you care about people like that, it's not something you need to be concerned about.

• i believe its down to the individual folowee, e. g personaly i dont mind getting followed, means some one found soem thing you said interesting, neither would i mind being asked to be followed, though personaly id normaly message some one to ask before following them, its just the way i was raised.

• Usually if someone follows me I follow them a happy +1xp to both parties. I never consider it weird.

• They should follow who ever the hell they want! Why ask? Would you ask to kiss your significant other? NO!
    I do generally ask why they decided to follow me ;P

• Anyone can follow me, they need not ask my permission and I find it flattering when someone does decide to follow me.

• Nope. Shoutout to all my followers I luv you all :*

• No, I'm fine with it the way it is. Anyone can follow me if they so choose! :D

What Girls Said 2

• No it's fine the way it is. Maybe when someone's profile is private, there should be an option to send a "follow request" or something like that, instead of no chance of contacting that person privately at all.

• I don't think you should, but you have to when their profile is private :)