How did you end up on GAG? Share your story!!

I always wondered how people got here on GAG... my story..

I was out at a bar/lounge with some of my friends and a group of loud, prity tipsy girls started talking to us. One of girls pushed her friend towards me screaming "she likes you", she was hot but this girl was trashed,. Long story short I found out her guy just broke up with her and her friends were trying to cheer her up and get "laid".

Fast forward few hours, we all started to leave and her friends took off without her, I offered to give her a ride and she was so drunk she tried to make out with me but it was just so sloppy, I didn't wanna sleep with this chick, it was pathetic.

Anyways, We got coffee and bagels and went by the beach to talk and sober her up. We sat up on the lifeguard chair and just talked and laughed. She told me her story and I told her to call me when she is sober and I will help her get him back. 2 weeks later she got him back.

She was ever grateful to me and started introducing me as Mr. Hitch to her friends and as a token of appreciation, took me out for dinner, we are now good friends. She suggested I should help others and pointed me towards GAG.

And that's how I got here... How did you get here?

From the sounds of it, looks like Google is the reason why most people are here... Amazing..

Most Helpful Girl

• I was looking up for some relationship-related advice (random keyword searches) on Google. That's how I ended up here.

And I like it here. :D

What Girls Said 17

• All of my life, I have always been Everyone's Super Shrink, you could say. I have always been a good listener, could give good advice, and as I got older, I became even More wise with every day life And-----Many different kinds of Relationships, etc...
    Back in December 2013, I was hunting on Google for some Site where I could be this "Doctor in Distress." I had found a few spots, answering a few questions, giving my best, but nothing Really I could Give my all time All. However, E-Harmony people, where I had answered a few things through Facebook one day, Find me quite a bit, and I am able to help them through my Sweetpnichols address.
    January 1, 2014, I ran across GAG a bit by accident through my Google search. It was almost like a Sudden bolt of lightening And----Good fortune---New Year's Day, that We found one another and ever since Then-----I have gotten 1,037 Most Helpful...
    For as long as I am able to, I will be Here for Whoever... Forever. xx

• Well thank you for sharing Miss. Super Shrink, I will put you in my rolodex in case I need some expert advice :)

• lol!! Okay, will do...:)) xx

• Grab popcorn:
    After my first year of college away from home I learned that people were NOTHING like those in my hometown. I had expected some differences since I was going from a small town in the backwoods to a big city. It was a bit of a social shock for me but a good one :) However, the one thing that had me stumped more than anything else were the guys at my college. I couldn't figure them out at all like I could the ones back home. One thing became another in my eyes esp. once all my friends started singling out a particular guy (that I liked) that they were all convinced "liked" me. He had all the signs. He was always trying to look at me, get to sit near to me, he'd never look at any of the other students when they spoke but me, etc., etc.
    To get past that and to my ending point. I had feelings for him. Romeo and Juliet to the moon and back again. Stronger than I have EVER felt. Everyone pressured me. So I told him. Only to be blown off with profanity by him. What I really couldn't figure out, no one saw it as something he'd do. Not even his best buds. His friends were more MY friends for a few days after trying to make me feel better while giving him the "cold shoulder". So I was trying to figure out why. Esp. after he started looking at me again-only with hurt. He cussed at me when I told him something intimate-SACRED to me even (I don't let people into my heart easily). Why was HE hurt? Why didn't he say sorry? As soon as school let out and nobody else could help me find closure, I turned to the internet. "Questions about boys behavior" is what I typed in... GAG was the first thing on my list. Here I am! :)

• Ouch!
      Did you ever figure out why he behaved like that?

• Maybe he had some kind of disorder? Bipolar or multiple personalities?

• Whatever he had going on it didn't help me any. I still kind of hope he's come around and at the VERY least gives me an explanation if he won't apologize. If he won't do that then I don't want anything to do with him. He makes me wonder if he's like one of the girls from my high school that would play the "fish realer" game with boys. She'd take one on that she found out liked her-then she'd act like she liked them to "hook" them. Once they would approach her she'd give them "slack" by making them think she hated them... Then she'd try to act like she liked them again and would start over NEVER intending to get into a relationship. She just liked making the guys hurt for her. Made me sick! I feared he was doing the same but I didn't know if guys did it too-which is something I'm still tempted to ask about on here.

• yeah I'm another google person hehe.

i was basically just looking for some fitspo one night and i thought, no matter how fit i get, will guys like my body type? are guys into this type of thing? the whole, bigger boobs, small waist and big ass n thighs... so i thought, lets ask google

typed in, do guys prefer skinny or curvy girls?

gag came up as one of the top search thingies, but when i clicked it, it didn't seem to answer my question exactly, because in the other askers question, curvy was different in meaning.

so the site looked pretty cool to me and I'm like, imma sign up n find out! so yeah i asked and got a hell lot of responses, and nice welcomes too. remember it sooo well i felt like a new kid at school hehe

• Haha sounds like a positive experience, thanks for sharing!

• Nearly six years ago, I joined GAG. I remember going on Google and typing in something like "Does he like me" and this site popped up. My first question was definitely asking if a guy liked me. Turns out he didn't, he was a complete asshole to me when I told him I liked him. lol, his loss.

• Sorry to hear LOL

DAMN!! Another point for google, Christ!

• Meh, I found someone way, way better anyways. And Google is just my go to site for everything, haha.

• I was trying to figure out if a guy liked me or not and google led me here.

So google takes the cake once again :)

• I was asking a medical question on google in a boring day. This site showed up and it was really helpful so I made an account. Nothing extraodrinary about it.

• i am damaged one... i always need help to sort out even small things... so i use such sites... but google is my way to here...

• Why damaged?

• well. conditions, circumstances, childhood, teachers, friends... or may be its jst me... i should have known by birth that i'm hyper sensitive and have to deal with the people's cruelty as challenge or etc etc..

• Googled a question I had, saw someone had asked that same question on this site. Thought it looked interesting so I joined.
    Kind of a boring story lol.

• Seems like google brought everyone here LOL Now I feel like the odd one out haha

• Google brought me here

• I Googled a question & ended up here the rest is history

• Google brought me here.

• Needed advice. Typed something in google. GAG popped up. Now Im here.

• I googled questions too about someone who's asking me questions too "personal" and then out of curiosity I got here ;D

• I was going through a nasty break up.
    I wanted to understand why it happened.
    I Googled something about why men do things.
    Found GAG.
    Asked.

• And... did it help?

• Well, sort of.
      It wasn't a situation I could change at that point, so I was mainly looking to understand what happened better... and in that respect, yeah, it helped a little. The men were helpful, some of the women were nasty to me about losing my virginity, haha!

• Surfing the net with one particular ques and this site came up...

• I THINK that I looked up a question and it matched a question on GAG

• saw an advert on the side of a website:p

What Guys Said 9

• I was researching "nice guys finish last" on Google (went as far as page 30!) back in 2010 after a funny post a college buddy of mine put up on Facebook.

Some of the links on Google were questions asked on this site. I took a look at this site and found it pretty fun and useful.

So I made a profile on January 7, 2010... and been here ever since (with the same username too). :-P

• I Googled a question and one of the first results took me here. I browsed around this site because it caught my attention. I ended up liking it so I signed up. Glad I did.

• Because.. why not?

But seriously, I just like helping people. It's kinda weird at my age, as everyone keeps problems to themselves, and especially from me, as I will often give a blunt answer, which, may not be what they want to hear :/
    It's pretty much one of the few things that makes me feel good about myself, but, alas, it's not always easy.

• Helping people is good, but since no good deed goes unpunished, I am with you, give it to them straight, don't like it, bite me!

• Yeah, the problem I have, is that I really don't like to water things down, it's like, if I water things down, people then go off and get the wrong message, that everything is fine, when it clearly isn't.. I mean, personally, if I offend someone, I want them to tell me straight, not just go off and ignore me. It's so counterproductive and also, how am I meant to learn if no one tells me?

• This site kept turning up on Google searches when I was studying gender issues. I noticed a lot of people on here give terrible advice that leads to horrible consequences. So I decided I would register an account and speak some wisdom to today's young people, even though they hate to hear it a lot of the time. For example, you get these 28 year old women telling 14 year old girls how to suck dick or that they should put out for their horny teenage punks with no job.

• 0|0
  • I got here courtesy of Google

• I don't even remember

• I was looking up about cunnilingus and stuff and found a link directing here.

• Got a crush that I wanted to evolve into something serious, didn't wanted to mess it up and lack of experience in "relationship/flirt/dating" led me here.

So far it helped.
    I still didn't do anything about it.
    I'm about to.
    Got some useful opinions from here.
    I'm not getting my hopes up but at least, I feel confident enough to tell her, which is
    better than... ever?