Does anyone else feel awkward with so many under 18 users on here?

Ever read a question that you start to respond to honestly about sex and then realize the user is under 18?
I usually feel bad or guilty responding to these questions. It doesn't feel right. Or I respond, and then realize how young they are and feel like I want a delete button : /

• Yes, I feel awkward with the under 18 users
  • No, they need advice too
  • Who cares?
Thoughts? Should there be a filter for age?

Most Helpful Guy

• On one hand I am pretty open to anyone who want's to educate themselves having access to that education, and think if more young people were better educated about adult relationships and sexuality, there would be a hell of a lot less teenage drama, teen pregnancy, and bad rommantic comedy films.

On the other hand, a few posts from young teens asking about certain explicit topics, and a lot of the relationship questions make me sad for the support system in place for the youth of today. Those questions should be asked to friends or parents, not random strangers on the internet. Still I personally think it's generally better they ask and learn than act without feedback.

What Guys Said 7

• I see nothing wrong or weird about answering questions from under 18 year-olds just like from over 45 year-olds. Sure they think very differently but it doesn't mean they don't need help and deserve help. So what if it's a sexual question. I just always stay away from hardcore things in my answers.

• I don't think its a bad thing, by coming on here they can clear up any misconceptions and/or avoid learning things the hard way by asking questions. We can advise them but whether they take heed is another thing altogether. Either way, it's not a bad thing as long as they aren't immature about it.

• I really don't approve of this site now allowing people as young as 13 or 14. The site's old minimum age was sixteen. I'm 17 going on 18 btw.
    I understand they need advice too but it does bother me to see people who are 14 on here looking for sex advice.

• yes but as a rule i try to avoid responding to such youngsters, not just because it could be perceived wrongly but ultimately they have to learn and find out about life thereselves.

• Well my advice about sex is pretty much always celibacy unless the person is married. So I don't really care.

• It doesent matter if there is a filter now u just guarenteed that they will lie about their age

• Ya they are too young and too immature and senseless to have sex at their age

What Girls Said 7

• I do the same exact thing, but then I follow through with my answer because they probably could use the opinion of someone older, I think. I wish I had the Internet at 18 where I could get advice, and if they get flippant advice from their friends of the same age, what good is that? I figure if I helped some kid out and somehow it was for the better, then I'm happy too. :)

• The creepiest part is when the older users straight-up hit on them.

• Tbh I am thirteenjoying and I understand where everyone is coming from. I know a lot about sex because em mom was very open with me. She had me at 15 and didn't want me to make the same mistakes as she and I wont. But i don't agree with them asking for how to sex tips. If you want to have sex then be safe. Personally I love advice from older people because they know so much more.

• Yes, all the time

• No but I wish you could filter questions by age. It was an option before the updates last winter.

• Yes, I often feel like I'm enabling them to do something they have no business doing at such a young age.
    I think it's really inappropriate for them to be involved in some of the topics on this website.

• I don't respond explicitly anyway, and I don't give sex tips to those under 18... no one should be.
    If you see a GAGer who is Under 18 asking for sex tips, please report the question with reason "Adult Content".
    Talking about sex or sexual health is okay, asking "how to" sexual questions is not.

This info can also be found in our FAQ, in case anyone needs a reference :-)

I voted B, by the way.