Does any one else think GAG should filter questions by age?

Don't you think we should be able to filter by age? It would make things a lot easier don't you think?

• GAG should filter by age
  • GAG is fine the way it is
  • Are you crazy
I may have worded the question a bit wrong. I'm not saying someone shouldn't be able to view or answer a question. I would simply like to be able to filter the question by age that I want to view.
Just in case you never noticed you can now filter questions by age.

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe this site used to let u do that... I feel that the current administration of GaG wants all us to "play together" so that feature was taken out.

What Guys Said 8

• Umm in a way yes, but I do appreciate to get everyone's views
    when I ask a question, no matter their age.

Instead, perhaps a button, like the "don't allow anonymous"
    but instead with a "don't allow under 18" for those type of questions.

I do however think the current GaG is fine, there is no such
    thing as perfection as long as it's manmade. ^.~

• I'm not saying don't allow some one to see a question, just let me view questions from a certain age group.

• In that way yes, it would definitely
      be easier.. for some of us. ^.~

It's always neat to have several filtering options
      but when filtering, I'm usually searching for certain
      types of questions, then the age is irrelevant.

I can see how some people would like
      to be able to filter by age, but it would blind me
      to other questions that also need answers.

It's a good idea though. ^.^

• I would actually enjoy the option to disallow the Under 18 crowd to answer questions falling in the Sexual Behavior topic. I would probably use that feature, to be honest. Not in Sexual Health though.

• Agreed. I would love to filter that. It's not as bad if you're an 18 yo guy though I guess

• Yeah, lately I've kinda restrained my sexual posts a bit, in part because my last sexual question had a couple female minors answer. Those users weren't violating site rules or anything like that, of course, but I felt a little weird. Especially since the question was about daddy terminology during sex, which made it doubly awkward.

• Just skip questions you don't want to answer. It takes one click and one or two seconds. Is it really that hard to skip a question?

• I'm pretty sure you used to be able to do this. Look only at questions in the age group you want. It would be nice to see it come back.

• I think you should have the option to filter, if you want to. I remember with the old "would you date me" section on GAG you could filter by age.

• No. I see it fine the way it is.

• I do yes. I also answered a question about anal sex and an underage girl commented and wanted me to comment. I responded generically and asked if she could not comment on my answer as I am too old to be talking to her about the subject matter. In chimes an idiot telling me that I am acting high and mighty or something.

• Yes I have gotten a similar response more then a few times.

• Thanks but no.

• No problem. Good question

• No. I don't really understand the big hangup people have on this site about the youngin's (or the youngin's towards the old'ins). I don't see why people can't just do this magical thing and *gasp* not answer questions from people they don't want to answer.

And if you're worried about a kiddo doing something that you tell them to do, don't worry- they're already either doing them or curious about them. This is why they're here in the first place, to ask questions. Imagine that. My parent's generation is dumb enough to think that if they just don't talk about something or address it, that their kids aren't going to do that thing.

You're not silly enough to believe that too, are you?

• No I'm not that silly I know they are doing it. I just don't want to sift through all their questions

• I agree with this answer. We can't be naive and ignorant

What Girls Said 9

• hmm... tbh i came onto the site to seek advice and to give advice to anyone. sure, some people might ask stupid questions, but they come from all age categories.
    ill say this. iv seen more stupid over 30s than under 18s on here. i think the more divisions we create, the less enjoyable of an experience the site will b, so how it is now is fine for me

• If thats the way you look at it why can we filter by topic?

• because I'm interested in certain types of questions... who's asking them doesn't make a difference to me. everyone is equal to me here. i dont discriminate people of an age category just because iv seen the few weirdos...

• Yes they should but the users would complain too much. Something about not interacting with minors as much as they can angers them lol

• I know what your getting at but right now I just skim over the younger and look for the older age group.

• Yes, some of the topics here are way too explicit for people under the age of 18 to have access to.
    It would potentially enable them to do things they have no business doing.

• I'm not saying block certain ages just let you view the questions you want to see. You can do it by topic why not age?

• ohhh I see what you mean

• No I don't. Age is juast a number I've found

• what does age have to do with anything? to be honest Id rather have a filter for Race than age.

• lots of people lie about their age here... so no

• No cause then nobody would answer my questions :(

• Trouble is at the moment I ignore most under 18 questions. So I'm not answering them anyways.

• No most times I pass over an under 18 or 18-24 or what ever age I don't want to view. Just like you could filter out all the over 30 or any age group if you so desired

• see QA, i dont want this^^ i dont want an under 18 year old to feel of less value than anyone else on the site. its not fair to them.

• We are constantly tweaking the filtering options, so we appreciate the suggestions and feedback!

• Leave things alone.