Should GAG require a user to have a certain amount of opinions before they are able to ask their own questions?

It seems like there are a lot of dumb, redundant, and perverted questions that get posted by the second and I can't help but think that some kind of moderation would help reduce the influx of idiocy that permeates this site day in and day out. Do you guys think that GAG needs some type of moderation especially in the section that pertain to flirting, dating, and intimacy?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't agree. One of the ways GaG attracts users is trough their urgent need for an answer. If a person signs up and has a burning question they can't ask, because they need to share opinions they don't have first, they are likely to leave.
    And if a bot wanted to spam, or an idiot wanted to ask a dumb, troll question, they would be more likely to troll/spam other people's questions before asking their stupid one.

All in all, I think it's a bad idea.

What Girls Said 5

• There is plenty of moderation here (some users would say too much moderation) so I would have to disagree with you. Just because a question may seem stupid in your opinion doesn't mean the QA shouldn't be able to ask it. Simply ignore it if it bothers you so much. The posting rules are available for everyone to view here: www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/posts Anything that violates the guidelines does get taken down.

• I don't think so... I get the intention behind this notion, but many new people won't join the site because they may need an opinion soon and waiting for it makes it not worth it for them... O. o Or they just don't have patience...

It's as good as it can be for now.

• Yes.. Soooomething some sort of filter!! It's annoying.

• There are actually many GAGers who only ask questions, answering a lot less.
    That's how I was when I first joined, asking but never answering... I just really needed help and wasn't able to provide any to others, haha!
    We want you guys to be able to get the help you need.

We do moderate the site.
    We have Mods, SuperMods, and UberMods (volunteer users) helping us (admins) keep it fun, safe, and useful for everyone.

We also have some Xper restrictions. For example, Xper Level 1 users can post 2 questions every 24 hours while Xper Levels 2+ can post 5.

This information can also be found in our FAQ, please check it out and thanks for the feedback :-)

• Well they do. If you are on a certain level you can't post a certain amount of questions. On some level you can't even post links, it really discourages asking and mainly answering questions.

• I think that gag should block incoming answers for questions that have already selected most helpful

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah I agree. but people feed the troll so it's better to ignore than complain mate

• No way, if someone needs urgent advice, why should he spend time answering random questions first?

• GAG does half-do that already by allowing lower-XPer GAGers to ask less questions per day than higher-Xper GAGers