Wow, ads much? or is it just me?

I can't remember the last time I saw an add on GaG.

But now, today, I've had a banner ad, a pop-up ad and in one of the questions I answered earlier, words were hyper-linked with ad's now..

What gives? I no like it.

• I get the ads too :(
  • No, it's just you.
  • MAKE IT STOP!!!
  • but.. ad's are a necessary evil...
  • Onions
False Alarm everyone, it was some sorta Adware infection on my puter

Most Helpful Guy

• It's how this site pays for itself. You could also have adware. Somehow I got a Coupon add-on installed on my browser just now, and this is the only site besides Facebook I've been on today. So yeah, check your extensions, and disable and delete anything that doesn't belong.

• I don't even know how to do that

• It's good to check extensions regularly, especially if you start seeing text links everywhere.

What Guys Said 7

• I never like ads lol. it just slows everything down, even if its not noticeable it still does. but I haven't seen an ad for a long time ever since I hit that certain level of xper

• I use adblock :/
    Sorry GaG management, but, if you want money from me, you're better off asking me to donate. Adverts just annoy me and I NEVER click them. All of them are complete BS and a waste of time.

Looking forward to getting Xper level 7 when I can use the ad-free GaG! :D (Then I can actually use the mobile site for more than 5 seconds before an annoying ad pops up and I remember that my phone can't get adblock) ;c

• I think if you are seeing words that are ads, you might have some other type of adware on your computer. If you're seeing them on the phone or tablet, I'm an idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

• So, how do I make those stop? I added adblock, but the word ones are still there

• can you hover over them and find like a company name or something? IF so, then google "remove (name of software)". Usually there will be a link to get rid of it.

• Well, I've read the moderator guide last week and doesn't this sound like spamming and asking to be removed?
    As a new born mod I can learn something here from a supermod. Would be nice to hear your feedback!

• I am trying to determine if there is a change to the site, or if something is wrong on my end Hans

• Okay thanks!
      The only change I heard from was that we're no longer supposed to report "nonsense" comments.
      Nothing related to ads. If I pick something up I'll let you know. If you find something our just drop a comment to my opionion of a message, if you don't mind.

• I have no problem with it. I don't get any popups. I use safari. GaG gets money from ads

• I get them all the time.

Darn. Wish I hates read all options to select onion.

• You need adblock plus

• So, its something that has happened to my computer?

• It just means you don't have adblock plus installed

What Girls Said 4

• Eh, they're a necessary evil. You could always check out ad blockers if you don't have one already.

I can't remember the last time I saw an ad around here though. Plus aren't ads supposed to go away once you reach level 8?

• That is what I thought, hence my question.. I don't know if they changed the rules, or if something is wrong on my end.

• Hm yeah, I don't think they've made any changes to the rules, unless something just happened. They're usually pretty good about keeping us up to speed when stuff like that happens though.

• yeah, somehow I picked up adware

• Only been on 15-20 minutes haven't saw an ad yet.

• Are you not using an ad block?

• I wasn't, but even when I added it, I still had some ads

• You should try Adblock Plus.