Do you think GAG should eliminate the pic URL rule?

I forget the level requirement, but it's silly considering it does nothing to stop users from adding pic URL's. All everyone does is add spaces and viewing said images becomes a tedious process.

Comment, and Vote or Die.. maybe not, but statistically probable!

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. It's pointless.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, I found it to be pointless since it's easy to get to the level that you can add a link, and most people are point whores anyway and will make it there in no time anyway.

• Yes and the limit is 10.

I found out a few days ago when I was listing songs for someone. It took me forever getting all of those links and I was pissed to discover that rule after the fact.

• Oh or did you mean the ones that actually show up vs the ones that you can only have a link but doesn't show unless you click on it?

I hate that too why can only3 show up but nothing more?

• Oh I know what you mean I didn't even have to click it.

It doesn't really bother me because when I first joined. no one could or just didn't post links like we do now.

I don't know why but you get the ability to do so as your level gets higher like some have no adds some are limited to how many questions they can ask etc. and technically the spaces have to be there because they aren't suppose to have links posted at all.

But honestly it doesn't matter to me. I'll support that they should change it.

• I got you, thanks for your input.

• it's a sensible rule if you look at the intent. so rather than doing away with it because it doesn't work, they should instead reinforce it... maybe with a more sophisticated filter or more diligent moderators

• yes they should remove that policy

• You have to be Xper Level 2+ (150+ points) to post clickable links or embedded images and videos.
    This is so that spammers and scammers cannot come in and immediately post links that GAGers will click on, putting their computers and personal information in danger.
    Because we catch most spammers while they're still Xper Level 1, this prevention helps a lot :-)

The Xper Level restrictions can always be found in our FAQ as well.

• They can still post the pictures by adding spaces.

• I think I like how you operate. 0:) *Folds rest of money back into pocket*

• Hahaha!

What Guys Said 6

• GAG can make almost any rules they can. If it doesn't bother their business then they can keep it the way it is. I don't care. It's their business.

• I think everyone shpould have a pic up and salute as well

• It helps keep the spambots at bay and adds a layer of malware security.

• I'm so tired of having to copy and paste and delete the spaces just to rate a girl, lmao.

• I think nobody should be able to post links, no matter the level

• Yeah. It's a pain in the ass to actually copy it in the URL. Especially since people aren't smart enough to put just one space and then they put just a ton of spaces which sucks