Does this happen for every GAG girl on here?

I've been a member on here for awhile, and never had this until recently. The past 3 days or so, I've seriously had about 20 private messages about how pretty I am. I don't even think I'm that pretty!

I swear, I'm being Punk'd... Is this a normal occurance for you guys as well? It seems like everyone is in conspiracy to make me blush...

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey.

Listen.

I just wanted to talk about cutting a deal involving me taking little snippets of your hair and preserving them in pickle jars okay?

No need to tattle on me...

What Guys Said 11

• Well I don't do it, personally, because it can and most of the time does, come off as creepy, especially if you haven't the slightest idea as to who the user you recieved it from is. But if the user is reputable/established/legit and not some new guy who's been here for one day, then take it as a compliment. Besides, all girls need a compliment now and again, that's what us guys are here for haha :D
    Well at least the ones who think they know what their doing, we don't actually know if what we're doing right or wrong or completely off by a mile half of the time... well most of the time haha -.- the sad truth

• I have never gotten a message about how pretty I am.

• Gosh, you're pretty. Come here often? ;)

• We only get turned on by the smell of money...:O

• I forgot about that one. Yeah, turned on by money! And are all secretly size queens! Nothing is sexier than a credit card.

• Oops you caught me. Those were all my alternate accounts sending you those messages. I just wanted to flatter you. I'll stop now though

• Dear, I get that from strangers all the time too. I assume it's just advertising bots, weirdos, or both :/

• I only get those @spam msgs all time and a message from a nice girl in a while. a rare case was a creepy girl that was obsessed with me but she gave up by herself :)

• Your pink hair turns me on

• thats probably pretty normal for girls on here
    I've only had one person mention i was good looking and that they wanted to suck my penis apparently

• People do seem to be very friendly on here! Some crazy as well, haha

• I need one very badly to boost my egos too :(

• Sometimes it's innocent, or some white knighting going on. A guy remembers being a young boy and seeing pretty girls being told they're ugly, so when he sees a pretty girl of that young age, even though he's too old for her, he feels he should stand up, even if just symbolically.

Telling a girl she's beautiful, that she's worth a damn, that sort of thing can be the world to someone who is being told otherwise by most of her peers. It can turn a life completely around. I think this is what some are trying to do.

Then there's the other angle, the guys who are looking to get laid by casting the widest net they can possibly cast. These are the 'machine gun in the dark' guys. The game players. you can just hit delete on these guys unless you think a good evening may come of it and you're fine being on the defensive just in case.

There's also the pedophile angle, which is especially troublesome for the older guys who wish to white knight for a young lady. Some of these guys don't realize what they're getting into, and aren't ready to shut down a potential inappropriate grasp for love, while others are actually looking for an impressionable young girl to take advantage of.

I think it's just creepy. We all have pretty much zero chance to ever meet. I can see the potential, considering the intimate things many of us share on here. You get a glimpse into someone's thought processes, and might find a true kindred spirit. But I really doubt that anything can come of such a long distance relationship just starting out.

Maybe there's a website out there that proposed that GAG is also a dating website, like some sort of side-hustle. Who knows...

• What's funny is that I've never really understood stuff like that. Not only is this not a dating site, a lot of us live in different countries. Even if a guy thought you were pretty and you thought he was cute, what's the next step? "Next time I'm in Scotland, I'll give you a call?"

I don't have a picture on here because I don't really see the point. I'm here to ask questions and to get answers to them. It's nice to recognize people so that their answers have more weight, but other than that, it's just "boy 1" and "girl 1" in my head.

But I guess guys are programmed to talk to a pretty face, even if there's only a.00001% chance of anything actually coming from it.

What Girls Said 19

• No, if you don't have any 'Privacy settings' here, sweetie, guys and girls can message you. And No, not all, do I think you are getting------Punk'd... I think you're just getting Complemented, so don't look a gift horse in the mouth when some guy comes through with a "Hey."xx

• Oh no... it's not that I'm not appreciative.. it was just weird that it happened all of a sudden in the past few days, but never happened before that. :)

• Yes, I have had Followers who have come through And----Come on a bit strong, but I laugh it off so no one gets three wrong idea.:)) xx

• lol... May just be a coincidence, or something they all saw 'Beautiful' at once...:)) xx

• Yes, it happens to me occasionally. Not sure how much I believe it though. Lol but, I think most women who have a photo of themselves up experience this at some point.

• That makes sense... I was freaking out, thinking "what the heck is going on?" , because it all has happened so suddenly. I'd believe it to be a coincidence more if it was spread out, but I never got one message before, and I've had the same picture up. Now in the past 3 days I suddenly get 20 messages? So weird...

• I gave the idiot a earful -sick man

• Yeah I'm glad he is gone now

• Ever since I put my picture up I've gotten a lot of those messages, mostly from guys. Whatever. I also started getting more of the creepy messages from guys who want to sext or talk dirty with me online, or want to send me dick pics (and I've gotten a couple actually) and/or ask for nudes from me.

• haha yeah the guys here are... very friendly:P

• Jeez yeah - its so annoying and weird -this one guy offered me to watch him stroke his junk on Skype weird

• Did you make any posts on dick questions or sexual questions recently?
    Though I sometimes get messages out of the blue like that, I often get an influx of such messages when I post on a question and mention anything slightly sexual. Apparently talking sexually makes you a message target? :p That could explain the sudden influx of random messages at once! But if that doesn't apply, maybe you're just a cutie, haha!

• I haven't! I'm actually usually not sexual at all! Still a virgin.

• I've gotten quite a few too. im like you and dont think im that pretty (with the exception of my profile picture... its one of the few i like of myself haha) but its so weird. if only i got so many compliments in person! haha

• Not since I took my picture down.

• It happens from time to time. If you don't want them you can change the privacy settings on your account.

• Doesn't happen to me that often, thank god, those creepers can be annoying.

• I'm just really confused, as they all started messaging all of a sudden. In the past year or so I've been a member, it's never happened before. Now suddenly 20?

• Quick, run!!

• maybe because you told once you like girls more at all. they got offended ^^

• Yes... mostly from people in their late twenties, so I just mostly ignore them, or just politely give them hard to answer responses.

• I'm not sure if it happens to other girls on here... but I"ll rarely get messages like that on here.

• I don't have a profile pic, so no! xx

• i received sometimes but not like 20
    just ignore them

• ahahahah welcome to gag.

• Nope but be careful, make sure they're not scams or anything

• I have gotten messages like that in the past, but not many since I became an admin.
    We're getting a lot of new users these days, so more and more people are messaging each other... basically.
    And you probably are pretty anyway, haha!

• Oh Sparrow! <3 That makes sense. There does seem to be a lot of new users lately. :P

• Definitely... migrating :-P

• Have you recently changed your photo?

• Maybe you are that pretty and you should believe it :)