Why are there so many spammers?

I keep noticing especially this one:

Greetings to you,
My name is (insert fake name), a sergeant
of UNITED STATE ARMY, i love your profile and i need a good relationship my email is (sophiadesmond101@outlook. com) so if i meet your harth desire please reply me back.

I know it is fake because she had another profile with the same picture and she asked on a question where the guy was not giving advice.

So Sparrow and other BOSSES. what the fuck is up with these spams?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• I've gotten similar ones from "girls" in a more girly form but they are so extremely rare that they don't bother me.

• I just got this one, and I was pretty sure that was hebrew on her shirt. Plus the lack of English skills. So yeah here we go reporting.

• Well, spamming happens everywhere. It's just one of those things, ya know?

You can report the spammer and they'll get the axe. That's about all there is to be done about it.

• 'harth desire'. 'UNITED STATE ARMY'...

I think you're wrong. This sounds totally legit. I think I'm in love already :D

• most of those come from nigerian scammers, don't pay any attention to them

What Girls Said 3

• Exactly as xHoneyxBeex said, just report them and leave the rest to the Admins. Sometimes the Admins can't catch spammer accounts unless users like you let them know about it.

And in the meantime you can always block the account so that the user doesn't continue to send you useless spam messages.

• GAG tries their best but they can't do everything -report them and its taken care of - they can't read our PM's you know - so they don't know what we get

• GirlsAskGuys is not immune to the spammers and scammers of the internet.

As you know, simply delete the message (do not respond) and report them as a Spammer from their profile and we'll take care of them within 24 hours (at the most).

This information can always be found in our FAQ and in other questions, for reference.