Are GAG mods biased in favor of girls?

Every time I report mens comments the comments get removed

When I report womens comments they never get removed

Pretty sure even a woman isn’t allowed to say “You're quite the fucking idiot’.

but GAG mods seem like nice people so maybe they accidently over looked it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Women get away more than men do in all aspects of life.

• This women kills husband everyone says it was in self defense man kills wife give in the needle.

What Girls Said 14

• I can't speak for other mods here but I am not biased. Also, mods do not get notified when other users report things. Only the admins review reports. Mods simply use the site and hide posts that violate the rules as they see them. So, if you report something and it does not get taken down, it's because the administrator who reviewed it decided that it was okay for the post to stay on the site.

However, sometimes it can take up to 24 hours for a reported post to be reviewed by an admin. You can always contact them though if you have specific questions about a particular post that you think should be taken down. www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• Ah OK. still doesn't explain why none of the female swear/insult words i report EVER get removed, no matter how long i wait. especially since male swear words i report does get removed

thanks though

• Admins, Mods... all too complicated for me. As long as SOMEONE has thoroughly removed it, then GAG is no longer in danger of violating the law and we'll continue commenting in peace. Thanks again.

• @Roarke well okay, but if you are ever interested, the FAQ explains it pretty well:) www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/moderators

• I don't know, I remember quite a few male users who kept insulting people like crazy all the time and they were on here for ages (Gurus and such) without any consequences.

Are you accusing mods in general of this, or mods of one gender?

• i dont know what mod does what, doesn't do what. i just know swear word/insults from girl users dont get remove even after report, but when i report male swear word/insults, do get removed

• Okay, but how many times have you actually witnessed this?

• too many to count

• I'm not biased, I'll report anything that doesn't seem right to me.
    Whether it be from a girl or a guy.

• I'm a girl and I've had plenty of shit removed so I say nay. Much of it was justified, some of it wasn't, but that's not for me to decide anyway.

• my opinions also get removed at times

• Trust me, I've had a lot of comments removed which I thought were absolutely acceptable considering the nature of the conversation and the tone of the other person. If I thought this site was of any sort of significance I would have made a fuss about it, but they censor who they want and I won't change that, whether that's more male or female I don't know but they obviously don't favour me :)

• I don't know, I have had my share of comments & questions removed.

• I dont think so. I dont know

• I've seen female mods get away with antagonizing behaviour but I assumed that was just because of being a mod

• Mods are not exempt from following the rules here so if you see a mod behaving that way, you can always report the post/the user and the admins do take it seriously :)

• Biased behaviour I noticed
    As for ur issue I haven't take notice of

• i don't know but i've wanted a comment removed before but it never was :/

• No but mods are biased in favor of users they are "cool" of friendly with

• Mine get removed ALL THE TIME

So I don't know what you're on about

• Where is that comment you're referencing?

What Guys Said 9

• I've noticed the same thing. I have comments like, "You should wait until marriage to have sex." removed for being offensive to women. But they call me a fucking idiot regularly and those comments NEVER get removed.

• really? THAT got removed? wow

i dont expect admin to be constant look out. but if someone flags sweary insult words, doesn't take much effort for mods to remove it. they respond really quick when men do it

• I'm not so bent over the word slut. I'm bent over prejudiced, judgmental behavior. As I said, I don't need to be a "slut" to defend one, I don't need to be fat to defend one, I don't need to be gay to defend one, I don't need to be a dog to defend one. It's called empathy and compassion. Something I may have too much of, that gets people to call me a "stupid liberal" or "too soft" all the time. So be it. I still think compassion and respect is better than being condescending.
      I've told you, seeing people battle vices, shaming RARELY works. You have it ingrained in your mind that if it can work for some, it will work for all. Watching my dad, uncles, cousins, and even brother combat their addictive behaviors I saw that when we were most compassionate and supportive, they were less likely to lapse into their vices. This isn't coincidence that most of the people in the many support groups experienced the same. I know this won't sway you because you are so sure you're right.

• Wow, you sure can type fast, I'll give you that. Too bad I'm not even reading your posts anymore.

• Unfortunately, even though it would
    be quite neat to be omnipresent, I do not
    possess that ability. ^.~

• Maybe the person they were addressing was being quite the fucking idiot?

• thats not GAG policy tho

• Bahahahaha :p

• From what I understand there is no real communication with the admins or very structured guidelines. More of they go around and tag things they see as offensive, seems to just be at the volunteer mods discretion, there are rules but I would see a lot more deleted posts if they were all followed. The reason for not very strict guidelines it that they don't have much power besides temporarily hiding a post/flagging it, while regular users can already flag. It's up to the admin (s).
      "Moderators make recommendations on what content to remove from the site. They can temporarily hide content that violates our Terms of Service, and the admins then decide if the content should remain on the site or if it should be removed. "

• Dude you hit the nail on the head. Also you will never see a male Admin ever. I asked a female admin why there weren't any male admins and its because the site was founded by a guy. I have a hard time believing that they just don't want to come off as women haters.

• Yes, I'm sure they do. Throughout life, people will always be biased in favor of women.

• I like to think I'm not biased. Like Honey Bee said, us mods don't get the list of what's been reported. I try to clean up what I see that violates the site rules.

• 'Mods' don't actually see what gets reported.

• Maybe so, it might be a conspiracy.

• Women are always favored. Guys are seen as internetly evil

• Inherently evil