Hashtags and callouts now?

Anyone else dismayed at the twitterfication of this site lately? Bad enough the callouts, trying to make it more about personalities than the questions, but I'm starting to see more and more hashtags everywhere.

If this site goes full social media style, I might have to find a new site to frequent.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm inclined to agree with you. The reason why I like this site if because it's not social media. I needed something to get away from the fakery of Facebook and it's ilk. I don't want to see that crap brought in here.

What Girls Said 8

• can people just get over the hashtag thing? its like people just wanna complain for nothing

THIS doesn't bother you, but #THIS does... why? its one character in front of a word and u don't even have to click on it if u don't want

• I like the new mentions feature. It makes it much easier to see if someone replied to a comment you made on their opinion. I don't use hashtags but they don't bother me either. You don't have to click on them.

• I like the mentions thing, even though I never use it. But hashtags are just excessive. Especially when people use hashtags in the middle of their sentences, it makes the sentence sound dumb and hard to read. It makes them look like just another dumb person trying to fit in with the crowd.

• It's quite cool and convenient tbh

• but agreed on the fact GAG is turning into a social media site - when I look back at the 2 years on this site and the changes made -ur right

• The mentions are handy (good way to respond to things you've commented on) but I hate the hashtags.

• I agree 👍

• I like the mentions because now I know when someone responds to my comment on their opinion.

What Guys Said 1

• I agree hatch-tags are awe-full. I bought a t-shirt because I loved the show but there's a dumb Ugly hatch-tag on the back of it.