Be 100% honest, how many of you feel that GAG should get rid of the ability to allow under 18 users? Yes I know people can lie about their age but?

Honestly what do you think?

• Yes get rid of the under 18 user ability
  • No
  • Other- explain
Most Honest Opinion has already been selected
Wow I didn't expect this question to get so popular

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's a great idea. i don't want be afraid of thinking I am talking to a 14yr old girl. I want to talk to them, regarding their age. and giving them advice appropriately. at the end of the day the parents should be doing their jobs, not the companies. it's not the companies responsiblity for every teenagers actions. it's tge jobs of the parents, not the sites.

• parents should not allow young kids to have computers of thier own, or even in their bedroom. a computer should Be in full view of the parent, especially considering how dangerous the internet is nowadays. when I was young my parents were always in full of me regarding the net, I was not allowed it in my bedroom.

• if I have a13yr old daughter and she wants use the net, I don't care what she wants. That computer is going to be in full view of me. she can cry all she wants, no way it will happen. my house my rules. The Amanda Todd case, that was her parents fault. Amanda was a child, and children do stupid things. anyway thanks for the mho.

What Guys Said 22

• No. I do not like chatting with teenagers, and it is sometimes annoying to read an opinion and then find it is written by someone who is still a child. But I agree with people who say they are the ones who need this site the most. I wish I would have had it when I was that age. I see a bunch of questions that seem obvious to older people (Should I sleep with my boyfriend in order to keep him? Do I have to be sexually active, because all my friends say so.) but are not to people of that age group. I think this site serves an important purpose for them.

• Teenagers are the ones who need the sort of advice this site can offer the most. Yes the "does he like me" type can get a bit annoying, but other questions are genuinely nice to see.
    If a young person doesn't have an avenue to ask questions about sexuality they might end up walking away with a hell of a confused conclusion and suffer down the line.

... its also good to know if they are young so that you can tailor your answer to suit them. Don't want to think your talking to an 18-24 year old and talk about something explicit and discover it was a 12 year old.

• I might be bias... But here goes.

I likely would enjoy the site more if removing that age group from the populous was feasible, but that would kinda defeat the purpose of the site. The 'underage agegroup' does ask a large portion of the questions, and holds a good chunk answer wise as well. They learn, etc etc etc.

On the flip side. Yes, we can be repetitive. Yes, we can be irritating, shallow, ignorant... I can't really defend that, because many are in need of guidance. Many ask questions here to gain access to a wide range of responses from an equally wide range of ages.

I suppose it is up to the user. If you find my age group annoying, its up to you. But it would be cruel to rob us of something that could possibly make us... less annoying.

I vote neutrally on the subject. Each to their own.

• They're questions can be repetitive and the range of answers is limited by their relatively low freedom, but they will be here - it's just a matter of whether we know they are that age or not. They have the most to gain from these conversations - it would be unfair and inconsiderate to disallow their open use of this space.

• I would be all for it if it could actually work. I'm all the time getting chicks under 18 messaging me wanting to KiK and shit. However if we tried getting rid of them they would just lie about their age, which could be bad for guys. So really there's nothing we can do, even if we ban them they'll come back posing as 18 year olds...

• I would think that regardless of what is said in threads, the only real risk is if an adult sets up a meeting with a minor. As far as i can see there are barriers here that make it difficult to do that without the minor going out of his/her way to make it happen. This takes a bit of time, so if a parent does catch a child doing this then i'd say a limit of 30 mins. on the computer completely supervised for 5 years should just about do the trick.

In the strictest terms, it is against the law for anyone to solicit anyone into illegal action. This is prosecutable, regardless of the ages involved. Beyond that there is the 'impact' an adult can have on a minor's judgment. That is seldom enforceable unless, again, illegal activity is promoted.

Overall i don't see a reason for a ban on under 18's. I think a lot of it is covered by the fact that posters often monitor posters and state there own opinions, perhaps occasionally calling out another adult.

• GaG is incapable of stopping under 18 year olds from signing up to this website and posting. If you already know that they can lie, then you've already answered your question. They can't stop them from coming in if they so desire, and having a sign saying "no under 18's allowed" wouldn't change that. Besides, the admins have no incentive to do so. More people = more views, and more views = more money from ads

• Why exactly? At least this is the one website where we don't have lie about our age to get access, plus we are the most confused when it comes to the opposite gender. I'm under 18, so ya I'm bias but I see no reason we shouldn't be on here. I've seen plenty of under 18's a lot more mature than older people.

• If you thirty years old asking about what do girls look for in a man on the internet then you are all types of f'd up. i feel a site like this could benefit teens ( with some sort of maturity) just as much if not more than adults. If you as a adult are so wise, so smart then why are you here? I know of many many teens with misconceptions involving sex, drugs, school, everything you can think of. What I'd like to see is the adults taking time out to help these teens in order to make the world a better place. Teens are the future just like how children are the future after us, so why not help teenage boys understand that women aren't sex objects. So why not help teenage girls understand that there bodies aren't the key to there worth. Also we could just lie about our age lmao

• Actually plenty of adults on here are virgins

• Then don't you don't have to "babysit" but then again is it your job to "babysit" adults because it seems like you like to do that. Also I do agree that there are a lot of younger people on here who are way too young but to me once you're 16 it's cool. And as for the adults virgins asking for help, what's the difference between a adult virgin and a young one? One is more open for life altering mistakes.

• When did I ever say I like to babysit adults? Don't come on here starting drama

• I think minors should be banned from society and the internet. There should be cities where all the minors (and their caretakers) can live and leave the rest of us in peace. Kids should be banned from the internet, and then it can be assumed that all people on the internet are adults and I won't have to click my birthday or "yes, I'm okay with looking at boobies" button on webpages. I shouldn't have to show id to buy cigarettes or beer.

Minors are a small minority, does the rest of society have to be inconvenienced on their account?

• No, now we know they are under 18.
    The number won't get less but we have no way to tell who who is.
    Instead i vote for a 16 - 18 and a under 16

• They're gonna be here anyway, and often it's they, who need their questions answered most.

It's good that they can tag themselves so you can tailor your answers and avoid inappropriate discussions.

• I don't like giving sex advice to a 13 year old. I'm 25

• They should create a under 18 section instead

• I agree, or at least regulate it. Like have the option to make questions only view able to 18 plus and be a bit more strict on what under 18 kids can post.

• I think those are the users are the ones that need the site the most. Its our range that's responsible for help giving them advice. I would compromise with making ranges of under 18. Like 12-14, 15-17,

• I voted A as I am under 18. I would say today it's common to have those 13y olds asking sex questions, you should know where I live there's enough of this bullshit like, "I am 13 ans virgin, bad?" I can tell the site is good as there are enough people who can tell them that this is a good thing

• No, it's good they have somewhere they can come to for advice/opinions on something they might be too embarrassed to ask people they know (family, friends etc). Otherwise they would just go off and do something potentially foolish.

• Hey just think about it say if a 17 year old like me want to join and I can't how will it be?

• No, i think it is a great idea that younger people learn about things from those with more experience.
    This is why we are so fucked-up because our parents "protected" us from the 'adult talk".

• Google didn't exist when you were a teen?

• When i was a teen the internet was with "www" in front and we used a modem that blocked the phone line to access it.
      And google was just a small fry.
      Altavista was the shit back then.

• I'd be lying if I said I didn't support this at least a little.

• I don't think Mariah Carey would feel this way.

What Girls Said 12

• Hm, I don't have much of a problem with under-18 users. I thought 16 was fine for the age requirement... but the new age (13) does seem a bit too low sometimes.
    But like you said people are just going to lie, if they want to join a site badly enough...

• Im 16 so I could make plenty of arguments on the case, but im gonna try and keep it as short and sweet as possible...
    First, This site is for advice, questions and polls, not a p*rn site therefore teens and adults should be allowed to ask questions and seek advice when necessary because not all teens have the ability to ask some questions to their parents
    Second, not only do teens get repetive, but many adults on this site do too, so there is no argument saying that because the questions you find annoying coming from under 18, isn't also annoying from adults repeting the same question. And thats not to say you cannot answer them if you do not wish too
    Third, under 18, as it is currently summer have the most time on our hands to answer questions and ask them. This sites purpose includes having points and xper meaning its partially a scoring site in which most adults may or may not find pleasure in, but the teens do by gaining points.

Although like most underage teens, I will be biased, I have to argue and say that your arguments are flawed due to a lack of understanding and rememberance of when you were a teen. Emotionally speaking, do u not remember the freedom you wanted when you were my age? I think this site is meant for its purposes and if you do not like it, you do not need to use it.

• Being a 17er im really stuck in a hard place.. i rather instead of having the age ranges that they have the specific age.. because when people see my under 18 then they dont take me seriously, oh how i wish i was in the 18-24 range already but i ynderstand why some people would say yes, but my vote Would have to be no

• No, i think they should be allowed on here. Everyone has questions, especially those their age. They should be able to ask them, and have people of all ages answer them. This is an advice website, not just a site for more explicit things like sex.

• In general it seems sex are the main questions on this website

• But they aren't all and kids will join the site and ask and answer what they want regardless, its best if they have the ability to sign up on an honest basis with their true age, which i think a decent number do, so at least you're not manipulated as much

• Im only asking the question I'm not here to debate

• No. A lot of teenagers have questions about sex but they're too scared to ask an adult. I think it's great that they can educate themselves before they go out and make a lot of stupid choices.

• I think anyone under the age of 17 no, don't allow then to use gag. But anyone 17 and over should be fine

• I don't think that should be allowed. Because when I was younger I couldn't talk to my single mom about anything cuz instead of giving advice she would judge and try to correct me when I just wanted some confirmatio and a hug. I wish I had has this site in MS & HS. Tbh what questions do 30-45 people need to ask? They lived their lives and if they come here to answer ques, why would they want to answer ques of people their age who've already fofilled thier lives.

• We, too, have questions about relationships. This lets us get some views from real life people for our unintelligent questions concerning sex, love and the ups and downs of things like that.

• Don't have to get rid of them just let us filter by age.

• No, I don't think that is fair to exclude the, but I do think you should have an option to not allow your post to be viewed by under 18's or have them comment. I think that would suffice.

• I dont see why they can't join this site

• A lot of this has helped me with my first serious relationship I'm going through right now. I don't have parents that have helped me or have given me 'the talk' So this is all the help I can get.