Why do people get offended during "rate me" questions?

That's like asking a person to punch you as hard as they want, but when they end up punching you hard as hell, you get angry.

Why ask a question in the first place when you weren't ready for an honest answer?

Disclaimer:

I've never called someone ugly on here, but I have seen people do it during Rate Me questions and I believe they are completely entitled to their honest opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• If you remember my recent question, that's your answer.

Allow me to again supply the perfect video:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6jKCWIoYc

In short, they don't want your honest opinion, they want asskissing.

• when they posted that question they were hoping people would rate them well. those questions are either for assurance or for fishing for compliments, if they dont get the results they want some may get offended. in short, some just want to listen to good things and not prepared for honest feedback.

i guess that apply to all sorta of questions

• I am not talking about attention seekers. But majority of rate me askers need encouragement and validation. That is why they get angry. And honesty can be painful sometimes.

• I did a rate me question.. You should of looked at my response.. Most chilled Cambo man 😏✌

• Because those people too often are like that Barney Gumble guy on here.

• Some people aren't just honest, they're rude about it too.

• LOL your picture cracks me. I just noticed it.

• Agree 100%!!!#!

• You can be honest but don't be mean.

• I'd venture a guess and say that about 90% of the Rate Me questions aren't posted to get real opinions/ratings.

• OMG I seriously can't stop laughing at your current profile picture LULZ.

What Guys Said 4

• most of the people posting those questions will always be sensitive to answers they don't wanna hear. they should just take it with a grain of salt.

• I understand what you are saying and I agree but if someone wants to know what others think about their physical appearsnce, its not necessary to be mean. All thats necessary is "I dont find you attractive, I give you a 3/10." Its not necessary to say "I find you putrid. You could scare the buzzards off a shit wagon." They didn't ask to be offended, just rated.

• That's the thing, a ton of them flip out from saying "I dont find you attractive, I give you a 3/10." Like, legit straight up flip out.

• Yeah I know what you're saying but I've seen both ways.

• i don't know... i posted a picture of my ass and asked people to rate my twin. Got some pretty good input.

• Exactly! These people are dumb! I just wish I could choke them!

Beauty, everybody has a unique beauty in them.