Are you sure this website isn't a dating site?

Seems very dating site like. The trait we pick in the beginning is public and a great conversation starter. We can message other members, and identify their gender. Very date-ish.

UPDATE: If you guys say so... very suspicious, I have conspiracy theories.

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's not. It's just a Q&A forum between joined users. The reason why you can display your gender, age, etc. is to narrow down who you are getting the Q or A from. I mean, each gender and each age group think very differently. Knowing which gender and age group you are getting the Q or A from will help you understand where his/her question, opinion, or answer is coming from. Get what I mean?
    You can send messages just in case you wanna have a private discussion about a Q or A they posted. Or if you have something specific just for them. But it is not made to be a dating site.

• Your title's all shiny :O

What Girls Said 6

• I'm pretty sure it's not intended to be a dating site due to the wide variety of ages on here and the fact that questions and answers seem to be the focus. I'm sure that some people who meet on this site might start dating, but that's not the site's intention - at least, I don't think it is.

• No way in hell this is a dating site. Simply because the main reason you come here isn't for dating but to give people advice.

• nope its not really a dating site.. its a forum to share opinions

• It is not a dating site. It is based on helping each other.

• Well this site also got people under 18 (even few 12 year olds or maybe even younger). So it better not be a dating site haha. I know its not a dating site =)

• It kinda is but it isn't.

What Guys Said 5

• No, GirlsAskGuys is not a dating site.
    However, we do enjoy hearing about GAG getting people together. :)

• I see it as a site where people can congregate to get advice, offer help, and seek opinions on things anonymously that they'd be uncomfortable talking about otherwise.

Through doing all of that though, you do get the chance to meet some very interesting people, and some can become friends; and of course the possibility exists that you could meet someone truly special and want to date them... that possibility exists in any place in life. If that does happen though, it's not because the site aimed for it to be so, it's just happenstance.

• It's not a dating site because everyone lives far away from each other.

• This makes no sense, but I'll let it slide.

• And dating sites have people that live far away from each other too! (I'm not taking any sides here..)

• Yeah I'm aware of that. I mean everyone lives so far away from each other so they can't meet up to go on dates.

And no I don't count a game of online air hockey as a date.

• I think that you need to get a life, and thereby some real problems.

• it would be a good one, but still, it isn't :p