Why did GAG get rid of the religion section?

That was my favorite section to read and give input on, why is it gone?

Most Helpful Girl

• They compressed a lot of the topics like that and just put them under the generic topic, "other" like it was on the old site. There were just too many topics (like about 30) so the admins just wanted to make the topic list shorter to make it easier for users to browse and find things.

• You're an admin now? lol I guess that makes sense it was just cool being able to see strictly religious topics now I have to wade through all the crap again X ( alas that is life

• XP same

• Thanks for MH! :)

What Girls Said 9

• I bet they're was a lot of aggressive arguments... That's always seems to follow very closely behind religion

• That was kind of my guess.

• I really didn't notice any one argueing, it stayed pretty civil if you ask me.

• Oh well like I said I haven't seen it... it was just a guess... And your welcome lol and it's good I like it :)

• probably became too heated for some people to handle

• I didn't know they had that section, but I agree, that would be an interesting topic. Maybe because this site is more for asking men & women questions about relationships. But I sometimes ask questions in general, that have nothing to do with love, etc. I suppose religion can also be controversial & they may have gotten rid of it for that reason. But a little controversy & debate never hurt, did it? Okay, maybe sometimes if it get's out of hand, lol.

• I didn't know there were people who actively used the categories section since GaG changed the layout of this site. Many people on here seem to rely on the live feed.

But they might have deleted it since debates around religion are often too heated anyways.

• I don't know what they're doing but the categories suck hard.

• welcome back ~ long time no see here
    a lot of debates (as usual) over religion i guess

• Controversy

• Not any more controversy than between what men like more, ass or boobs. lol

• I'm God what is this

• A lot of people seem to think because the topic is gone, we don't allow the topic to be discussed anymore, haha!

People can still post about religion, we just don't have a specific topic titled Religion because we shortened our topic list. A lot of people complained of the topic list length being too long and too confusing, so we cut it down.

• Haha I got you, personally I enjoyed the long list because you could look at specifically what you wanted without sifting through various unrelated questions. But ya I never assumed you banned the questions just why the section was removed XP thanks though!
      by the way nice to hear from you again, it's been awhile. How've you been?

• Awwww!

• Haha yeah I thought it was a pretty cool idea! thankfully it turned out pretty well so YAY

What Guys Said 8

• Probably because there was way too much drama in there.

Good thing they did it: religion has no place in modern society.

• Disagree with the comment but I can understand the drama bit, but now that religious section is just flooding the "other section" I'd assume

• Rarely.

• I am Christian, I dont know why and have never seen it

• It used to be under categories and was fun and interesting. But like honeybee said it's since been removed

• Thats a shame

• Clearly because all the posts revolved around the same boring issues and GAG decided enough was enough so they got rid of it.

I checked it out a few times, and had noticed a few threads and they were all filled with frankly vile responses. I'm actually quite pleased it's gone.

• ehh while im sure there was some ignorance when I was on there was also some fairly excellent conversations

• Between a tiny minority of people, sure.

• But they were fun and intellectually stimulating, ohhh well shit happens

• I didn't know there was a religion section, its always been other since I've joined.

• How long have you been on? it was only like a month ago I believe.

• Hmm? I guess that makes sense since I was on a bit of a hiatus in between the site change.

• Same, I started back up for a week or two and then dropped off and it was gone

• I feel like religion questions on gag never really had much depth to them.. They were usually framed in an incredibly biased way that destroyed all sense of intelligent discussion immediately. I'm not too sad to see it go lol

• Lol I'm guessing the arguements got too heated.

• Well we have our answer, but I enjoyed it. It was in the original gag, so I wish they'd bring it back.

• Because religion is the gROOT of war.