Where is guys ask girls?

Why is there a website premised on the idea that girls need to ask guys things, which is perhaps true about a very few things (of the 'what does the generic guy think' sort), but not one premised on the idea that guys need to ask girls things (of the similarly dumb and generic contrary sort)?

• This website is sexist junk for idiots.
  • This website is sexist junk for single celled organisms.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 14

• Well, if they'd named it guys ask girls, then you'd have dudes probably asking the same exact question once in a while, right?

Or I guess they could name it guysandgirlsaskeachother. com, but that doesn't exactly roll off the tongue.

Anyway, I don't the syntax here is all that important. It's just a website.

• It's just a...

• Well, it is just a website.

Personally I couldn't care less what they called it. If they swapped the orientation between the two (girls, guys) I'd be just as happy to use the site.

• The site is not sexist. You just wish it was sexist so you had something to whine about.

• Guysaskgirls. com

Questions
    Question 1: How big is a big penis?
    Question 2: Do you think my penis too small?
    Question 2745: Is my 10 inch penis too big?

That's why!

• Thinking of it logically it is a sight used by both girls and guys to ask question. As been_waiting pointed: the arrows transition so it's both "girls ask guys" and "guys ask girls".
    In terms of sexism think of it like this: this sight being called "girls ask guys" wouldn't it also be sexist to assume guys don't have questions to ask or can't ask questions in general? By the logic of the question, guys cannot ask girls questions but girls can ask guys questions.
    In other words: the name doesn't matter. This is a sight for girls and guys to ask questions.

• its the same thing, guys ask girls shit on here too.

• So you are saying 'girls ask guys' is premised as much on the idea that guys ask girls as vice versa?

• Who are you to day if someone's opinion is false? Yours may be false. Everyone can have their own opinion. And nobody can judge that it is true or false

• no point in refuting in this case anyways lol. but its up to how i feel

• Uh what. I think it's just a name. I'm a dude that uses this site even if it says GIRLS ask guys. Because I'm able to do everything the other can. Except ask about my bra size... wait... I can ask that also. Feels equal.

• Well, what's your bra size?

• You better, otherwise I won't tell you how long my piece is!

• How long your what? Your piece? Wuddahell is that?

• There used to be a similar site called "GirlsTeachGuys" but it turned into something else.

• create a site named guys ask girls then lol

• Look at the GAG logo. It has an arrows aiming at each word indicating that they are interchangeable.

• If a site like that existed feminist would be complaining.

• Your stupid.

• It's just a name if you look at the arrows on the logo it incline implies both.

• You should contact George W. That is a man that will get things done. Yes he may kill an innocent dictator or two but like I said things will get done.

• You're right.
    Fuck women, those useless weak cunts.
    Totally dependant and thoroughly confused at every turn.

• I believe you mean dependent, not depedant. Thanks for adding some gravitas to the discussion, also.

What Girls Said 11

• Have you not noticed the arrows? They cycle from girls to guys to guys to girls, implying that guys also ask girls. Why make the website title "girls ask guys and guys ask girls? " that's too much work. And guys ask girls on this site. No need for a new one.

You must be one of those "feminists" that think everything is sexist lmaooo

• Well, I hope nobody accuses you of being a feminist. The shame!

• I think you're bored and have too much time on your hands, QA.

• *isn't anything

• I... what? It's just the name of the site, it doesn't even really imply anything. If there was only a site called guysaskgirls, you could make the same "complaint"... which honestly doesn't make a lot of sense.
    If you take a look at the logo, you can clearly see that the arrows indicate that everyone's allowed to ask everyone questions. The undertone of the site kind of encourages it as well, since there are very few actual restrictions on here. You're just being silly.

• It's just the order they decided to use. It doesn't matter if its girlsaskguys or guysaskgirls. The website would still be exactly the same as it already is.

• "lumos!", im just quoting Harry Potter :D

• Thought it had to do something with the arrows around the "ask" girls asking guys and vice versa, like a cycle

• do you not see the vice versa arrows over the word "ask"

many people don't call it girls ask guys , they call it GAG it could refer to Girls Ask Guys or Guys Asks Girls.
    For the website name, they had to choose either guys ask girls or girls ask guys.
    Usually the saying "Ladies first-" comes to mind because it's a "gentlemen' thing to do and they had to choose between putting the word 'Guys' or 'Girls'.
    There's nothing degrading men on this website.

• There are logo arrows indicating it goes both ways. It's fine, you're whining over something unimportant.

• If you look at the site's logo, you'll see two arrows indicating that the name goes both ways. And for obvious reasons the name can only be written in one direction. What would you suggest? "GirlsAskGuysAskGirls"? It would still have to begin with either "Girls" or "Guys".

• Name a few single celled organisms. For that matter define sexism I'm not saying what you say isn't true. It just sounds like there is some animosity in this question. I would just like to know where it comes from. that is all. .

• It just sounds better. The arrows indicate that it goes both ways. Chill.

• Yes but the logo have arrows pointing at each other. Its just a title, there may be sexism, racism any other 'ism but there is a lot of great stuff here too, you can get free advice.

• Well, as long as there's free advice with the institutional bias and promotion of more, I'll take it!

• This website isn't sexist. In the sign for girls ask guys it has the two arrows pointing at the word girls and guys. That means the two can be reversed to say guys ask girls.

• It's mainly the sign/name/premise of the website I'm accusing of being sexist, not the people who work on it, or post on it.

• I hate feminists

• Does that mean you hate equal rights between the sexes?

• No, I against women thinking they can measure up to guys in the physical capabilities department. Example: women for some stupid reason can now be in infantry. That is endangering lives! If a fellow soldier was shot in action, the women wouldn't be able to carry that soldier who will weigh way over 250 pounds because of all that equipment to safety. She is now endangering even more soldiers who need to help her. Women shouldn't be in infantry unless they meet the same exact physical capabilities as the man. Their physical tests that are required of infantryman should be exactly the same. So that's what I mean that women can't do every single thing as a man.

• Yes, because clearly the asker of this question is a great representative of the feminist movement *eyeroll*.