Do you look at the age of QA/ Persons opinion before answering/commenting?

and if so does age influence how you'll answer or word your comment/answer?

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah i do. which seems weird since people probably assume im 12 once they see Under 18 hahah but i only look out for Under 18 if its a sexual/relationship question or opinion because a lot of people in my age group think that losing their virginity is a main priority and being single is the worst thing someone can go through so i try to tell them otherwise. a lot of times if its someone older than 18 (depending on the question/opinion) i won't answer especially since there's a chance i won't have any experience to put forth and help with their situation. but i do my best :)

What Girls Said 9

• I do check the age and it does influence a bit when it's someone under 18 but not much

• Always. Yes it has great influence on the willingness to answer, and content of the answer.

• No, it's not something I notice.

• No i dont really pay attention to the age, unless its like 'guess who i am post'

• I only pay attention if it's pertinent.
    Usually, if it's about sex or about being single for a long time.
    Otherwise, I don't really care about their age.

• If it is a sexual question yes. If a minor is asking about sex, I don't answer the question, unless it's a very educational question. I don't advice people to have sex in high school, so I don't feel comfortable talking to minors about sex.

• I don't when I'm answering a question but I do when I'm reading an answer. I don't generally pay too much attention to under 18 answers

• Yes some times I shy away from the under 18 especially if it's sexual in nature.

• Yes, but only because I read the name of who posted the question or see if it's anon. The age only influences my answer if the QA is under 18 and talking about sex and even then, I'll only mention something about it if they're young and want to get with someone older. Aside from that, their age doesn't influence my answer.

What Guys Said 9

• Yes I do look at the age of the asker. It doesn't change how I respond but it will make a difference if I respond at all. For example if I see a friends with benefits question from someone under 18 I have a hard time responding because i dont think someone that young should be in that kind of situation (male or female). If I see a 45 plus person asking how to find get a girl to sleep with him, I tend not to answer these either because at that age he should already know or been told by someone. i know this sounds like I am being picky about who I help but to be honest if I do not feel I can get a straight answer to someone without my own morality getting in the way then I shouldn't answer. I did make an exception to this once when a guy who listed himmself as 25 was asking how to get this 13 year old girl to sleep with him. I got very upset about the idea of this and told him how wrong he was being and how he needed to re-evaluate his life.

• When I remember, or when I'm thinking specifically that the context is age dependent.

But sometimes I miss it. I wish it showed in live-feed, because often i'm scrolling down to read detail as soon as i click.

• I do look and that gives me a different view on how that person must be thinking. And that makes me think differently about what my answer should be. Men and women think differently, and people of totally different ages think differently.

• Yes if I notice a male or female is under 18 and they're asking a sexual question I usually won't answer.. Sometimes I don't notice the age and answer it anyway but I try to stay away.

• lol of course i do

• With rare exceptions, I tend to stay away from answering questions from users under 18.

• Only on specific question. ^.~

• occasionally. If the question is something i wouldn't expect a grown man/woman to be making, i'd probably reflect a bit of my confusion in the answer

• Of course. A stupid question asked by an under 18 year old, is understandable, and they made need the basics spelled out for them.

Someone in their 30's asking the basics, either lied about their age or is a moron, and should be treated as such.