How useful do you find this site and what are your experiences with the advice you have/haven't taken from other people's opinions?

Hi I'm new to this site and just here to make friends and get some insight into how the male mind works! If you could share your experiences here and let me know what you think of this site and whether it is any good, I'd be glad to hear from you.!

• I find this site useful
  • This site is a load of crap
  • It's good for making friends
  • I don't know why I even go on it

Most Helpful Guy

• It's been OK... but a lot of people are very defensive on here, especially when the asker tells them how they're wrong about the opinion they've made. If your opinion is wayward, and the asker knows for sure that opinion isn't going to work or is invalid, he/she has a right to argue against it... Don't jump to the common excuse of "What's the point of asking if you already know?" ...

Besides that, there are some people I value on this site. As soon as I see their opinion, I know it'll be full of useful knowledge. On the other hand, there are quite a few people I hate seeing respond to my comments because they are either vulgar, patronising or arrogant responses.

What Guys Said 15

• I think there is more good in this site than bad. First, you will have to sometimes weed through useless questions and answers to find the worthwhile stuff, but that is true in any blog and probably true in most of life. Second, whether you do or do not like what people say, you will learn how different human minds work. At times, the human psyche is simply amazing to me. Third, you will discover that some of the people who post are very insightful ( and yes, there are idiots). Fourth, you WILL get answers to your questions.. you can count on that. Fifth, if you want to know how the male mind works... there are times when we are very OK and other times (prior to being in our late 20's or early 30's) when we can be an extremely weird specie and I do mean WEIRD. :)

• i really regret that i've been away from GAG for over 6 months, and now i want to boost my Xper points... damn

• Personally, I'm pretty neutral about it. On one hand you can find the most infuriating, hateful, shameless, moronic and shallow people in here, but on the other you also find plenty of well meaning, insightful and polite people. The advice you get ranges from completely useless to life changing as well. As long as you remember to act with good manners, don't take anything here too personally and learn to ignore people who bother you, (I hear female users here have been known to get messages from creepy and perverted guys, though never the opposite) you'll do just fine and probably find it a pleasant experience. As for why I'm neutral, it's most likely due to the fact that I haven't really asked a lot of questions here so I can't say I've experienced the site "fully".

• This site is a really good way to kill time. 33% of the time I'm just fucking around and leaving a sarcastic response. 33% I'm I'll be serious. Another 33% of the time I'll just lurk on the background and just read other people's answers. There is a wide variety of opinions on a multitude of different topics and I think it's beneficial to listen to them. Oh and the last 1% I just have the tab open and I'm not really paying attention. Overall it's a good way to kill time.

• I find it very useful. It's a great way to see what lifestyles other people have, what problems they face, and how they solve those problems. I can get help from people like me who know what they are talking about. I can help other users which sometimes makes me realize what I thought I never knew or figure out something new. I can practice communication with others which I have little experience with in real life because I'm a loner. So, I think this is a great site in many ways.

• This site has been good to me cause I can help out younger women
    out without being judged for being older (age 46) least they don't mind
    it feels good not be to judged there is so many sites out there with
    females who do judge.

• Most people just tend to listen to what they want to hear and not the blunt negative answers.
    There are all sorts of people on here, perverts and prudes. Some who seem very genuine and then there are obvious trolls. Some who are really intellectual, artsy in the answers then there's the simple minded dumb assessment like me.
    Hope you enjoy your time here and find some good friends.

• The site is pretty fun I'd say. You'll encounter a few racists, sexists (from both genders) and all of that fine stuff, but the flip side is that you get to interact with a lot of people from across the world, and hear honest perspectives that you may have never heard otherwise. But welcome to GaG... hope you enjoy it =)

• This site can be useful for advice on dating and the opposite gender as well as other life advice but for me it's me it's mostly just entertainment. There are some really good trolls on here :D

• This site is full of idiots talking about stupid unimportant shit; I don't even know why I come here.

• This site is useful.

• the best advice I got here was for what animes I should watch. dating stuff is still a big secret I think

• This Site Is A Awesome Site, I have Not Yet To See A Site Is Good As This, Very HelpFul People & Great Information.

• meh... I think people are sometimes too forceful to want to let strangers accept their advice...

I only come here because I want to get knowledge all others got and was denied.

• I got most of my dipressive questions answered. And I feel calmed down and charged up. Thank you guys and the very very pretty ladies. :-)

What Girls Said 13

• Some people are way too bold though. This guy who I didn't know and never talked to said "Hey you have bf" and I was like "Not currently" then he was like "Okay I wanna be your bf". My reaction was "Really? Like I don't know anything about you, you have only seen my picture and maybe some of my answers to questions, not nearly enough to get to know me". I don't know anything about you; there's not even a picture of you. You are supposedly from New Zealand but people can lie on these sites so I really don't know". I just messaged him back saying "I already have someone in mind". Another person kept asking me inappropriate things about very private places. Another was a creep who stares at women's breasts in his free time and I think he wanted me to send him photos/videos... NO WAY WAS I ABOUT TO DO THAT. I would at least appreciate being respected and having a conversation before jumping to that, not that knowing a person a little would change my answer. I'm okay with the vast majority of questions, because there are curious people who want answers to tricky questions, but sometimes things get to a point where it's less about learning and more about nasty stuffs.

• It's useful, very entertaining and an easy way to connect with people of varying cultures and beliefs, many who live oceans away from you. So I chose A :)

• It's half useful/nice, half a load of crap. It's nice because there are actually some really helpful people around here, made some friends and also i've always been helped, no matter my issue. It's a load of crap, because some people can't accept the truth or that we all have different taste, opinions, beliefs and also because people tend to generalize about the opposite gender a lot. Luckily I am leaning more towards "I find this site useful" . And amusing too.

• I find this site useful, it's nice to get different perspectives & most people give very reasonable advice. And then there are some who really seem very knowledge who give outstanding advice.

• It's helpful but HONESTLY it was better before the changes happened. People answered a lot more and didn't post so many odd and stupid questions.

• I voted "D"

Someone please save me from my addiction! XD

• how come people aren't this nice in real life? It's kind of sad! I picked C but if I could choose another one I would choose A too :) The people are nice but also very helpful. Even if I'm all sad and depressed and I know the answer to my questions, just hearing someone say it in their own words and knowing they took the time to help me (someone they don't even know) makes me feel that much better. Thanks GAGgers :3

• Very useful. Any question any topic and somebody will answer it..

Don't use it for friends

• It's useful. The questions here are meaningful. But some questions here are just very repetitive and has been asked like 1000 times. And otherwise it's all good. And many GaGers here give really good opinions too. :)

• This site is good and bad sometimes.

• It is full of crap and stupid people, closed minded and small minded and drama and i do not know why i even go in here... eh

• Very happy about the poll results, haha!

I've gotten really great advice here before, and even better advice from the people I developed friendships with over the years.
    There are people from all over the world here, all ages and races, all cultures and statuses... it's great to see everyone's perspectives on dating, sex, and relationships.

Welcome, by the way :-)
    If you ever have questions that our FAQ doesn't answer, please don't hesitate to ask!

• Well can be a little bit useful but sometimes people are so rude and too much sarcasm. And sometimes the admins are bs and removing your posts or comments without any valid reason.