Do some GAGers actually know who're the askers behind anonymous questions?

Sometimes when I ask a question anonymously, I feel that some answerers know who I am. But maybe it's just my feeling.

0|0
9|9

Most Helpful Girl

• While only admins have the ability to *actually* see behind anonymity, many people have a certain way of phrasing things, or a certain way or typing, or they ask very similar questions with similar attitudes that make it quite obvious that they are a certain person.

0|2
    0|0
    • You're one of the admins?

• Show All
    • Thanks for MH!

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah, I can tell sometimes. Especially if they have posted other questions or opinions under their username. I can usually tell by the way they write or by the topic of the question (if they have talked about that specific topic under their name). I think I spend too much time here.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, the admins can see who you are. They're the only ones though.

0|1
    0|0
    • But I feel that non-admins can see me as well

• Don't worry, it's impossible for them to see behind the anonymity.

• Yeah sometimes you can really tell.

Btw, I know who you are.

1|1
    0|0
    • How can you be so sure lol

• @TheNewClassic

Say my initial username

• I sometimes do... Certain users have a tone ( bitter, main sexual preference, chauvinist)

1|1
    0|1
  • Yep Admin, Moderators know who they are

0|0
    0|0
  • Its easy to guess sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes we know who you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not well known on here, so I doubt anyone would be able to guess who I am. I don't ask too many questions on here, I mostly answer questions. I answer everything anonymously.

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 9

• Yeah sometimes I can tell, or at least have a pretty good idea. It's in those moments you realize that you've spent too much time here. LOL

3|0
    0|0
  • some do yeah. they can tell by the way you type and I guess the certain details in questions that you ask.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some members who actually pay attention to other users and their styles are capable of guessing who this anonymous person really is. Personally I can't tell because I don't really follow other users.

0|0
    0|0
    • Me too, I prefer to ask questions haha

• I couldn't tell if my life depended on it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't usually pay attention to who asks a question when they're not anonymous, so yeah...

0|0
    0|0
  • if your anoymus you could be anyone.)

1|0
    0|0
  • there are times when I can make a pretty good guess at who it is honestly

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes most of us know whim the anonymous posts and questions are. We can see you as well. Thats why it isn't a good idea to be on here without your clothes on. By the way quit pulling on that ut won't make it grow any. lmao

1|0
    0|1
  • I Doubt it

0|1
    1|0