Mentioning fellow GAGers is cool and all but?

It gets a little nettlesome when you have to keep checking to see whether or not you spelled their names correctly.

Should that be something to improve on? Like, an autofill?
Is anyone okay without an autofill?

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually appreciate the fact that people are now forced to spell my username correctly. I would go even further and make it so that you even have to use the right capitalization for the mentioning to work. I hate it when people type "sandplanet" or "Sandplanet" instead of "SandPlanet". And one thing I like about my username is how the middle looks somewhat mirror-inverted - "dP". It saddens me to see my name without that. :(

• shame on them!

• are you seeking a certain answer or.. what? @TNA89

• @TNA89:
      Dude, seriously? I already answered your question like three times, just scroll up and actually READ for once.

What Guys Said 10

• You can just simply highlight the username and right click "copy and paste". What's so hard about that?

booksandwonderfulthings.files.wordpress.com/.../what.gif

• I personally wish Comments had a "REPLY" button on them that you could press and it would type in @theusernameyouwant automatically into the comment you're writing.

Also, this is why it's nice to have an easily rememberable name, not like @Dbt25677 and stuff. Who remembers that? You need to check your follow list just to know their name, haha.

• I'm not that fussed, i'm a perfectionist anyway so details don't really bother me...

• I'd like to be able to click a button next to a name and have it copied to my clipboard. Then I can paste it wherever. This is not impossible, and is done in many websites.

• hmm... yeah, I like that idea! You should suggest it to one of the admins!

• It's not a problem for me, I've either memorized
    all the names I need, or I just copy-paste them.

I don't need something like an "autofill"
    if I need something I'll do it myself. ^.~

• Yeah, copy n paste their username and auto-fill a good suggestion

• I'm fine with the way it is people have inserted an E into my name before.

• but you won't get that notification that someone mentioned you lol

• I know, I figured if they didn't know how to spell my username then they don't know me anyways.

• aha cool

• Yas a name suggestion without typing it out wntirely would be helpful

• love your brain sweetie... but that's impossible, extra cost and maintenance.

What Girls Said 4

• I'm cool either way.

• Autofill is an awesome idea actually I can't remember anyone's names exactly without looking them up

• An auto fill wouldn't work to many variations.

• I think that they should get rid of it

• really? how come you think that?

• Yes when I first discovered mentions I ignored it and I still do

• ain't no shame lol