Why do they 'auto-select' a "most helpful opinion"?

I mean, did they consider the possibility that none of the opinions offered are helpful?

0|0
3|4

Most Helpful Guy

• If, after 30 days, you haven't chosen and selected a Most Helpful opinion, one will automatically be chosen for you.
    Neither the Question Asker nor the user awarded Most Helpful will get Xper points for these automatic selections.
    It's chosen based on engagement: votes, comments, length, time, xper level, gender, among other criteria. As long as you're giving helpful opinions, we'll find them!

This is to encourage everyone to choose a MHO on their own, making sure people get the credit they deserve.

GirlsAskGuys FAQ

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• what? "Most Helpful" opinions are auto-selected?

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think they consider anything when they made this site or when they make changes lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I did not realize that they did this. I usually select a Most Helpful after a day or two.

0|0
    0|0
    • I do if there is, indeed, a helpful answer. Otherwise I just let it go. If I get nothing but troll responses (which is typical when a male asks a question), it seems odd to give the "most helpful" to a troll..

• Wow, I don't get many troll responses. I didn't know that was different if you were a male asking a question.

What Guys Said 3

• If none of the comments is helpful, I'm thinking the tag the "least hurtful" comment as MH.

0|0
    0|0
  • I got a MH as an auto select once and it was a troll reply by me (there were many genuine /helpful answers as well). So I think its picked randomly by some stupid algorithm as they clearly didn't even read it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Because enough people pissed and moaned about it on the old site, as if not selecting a BA is a life or death conundrum

0|0
    0|0