Who else gets messages of wanting to date on GAG?

I don't mean to be rude and delete the comment but I'm not here to date. I'm all for making friends but please stop with those questions yall! lol It's really annoying, or at least for me. Tell me I'm not alone because it really is starting to irritate me and I'll probably change my avi to avoid these messages. Like I said I'm not trying to be rude just real.

Whoops meant message not comment.
Yeah, I realize that mostly girls will answer with getting something along the lines of what I asked and not guys. Like dudes, if you don't get messages why answer?

Most Helpful Girl

• I get them a bunch! It makes me so uncomfortable.

• They need to realize that we don't appreciate that.

• Dis mske meh LOL but its so true xD "I know. I also hate when they compliment me too much because then I know all they want is to get in my pants. It's not fair it mostly happens to the girls. 8("

• Ur a sharp one baby ;3

What Guys Said 34

• For some reason we've been getting LOTS and LOTS of people asking all sort of weird question as of late.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1135295-how-attract-girls-without-clothes-girl-s-answer-is-most-important

There's some selling their kids , there's some asking how to get naked ladies , there's some asking if girls are DTF as in... RIGHT NOW , there's some asking for nudes. And for some reason generalizing here they tend to be from the same region...

• Messages wanting to date? Oh here?

http://m.memegen.com/44si8t.jpg

• I got one message from this so called female asking me
    if i was really a 46 year old male i said yes i am she
    told me my typing looks like that of a child's it hurt me
    cause i got disabilities where i learn slower than others
    i got my profile fixed that only followers can message me
    but sure hurts like hell cause I'm grown adult man i can't
    help it i try my best in life yes i regret not being put in
    special education classes when i was in school
    it makes me feel like living in cave

• Seriously, I don't understand why guys on here do that either.

It's like are you so desperate that you're asking girls out on the internet that you know nothing about besides they're pretty... Pathetic.

Cut it out...
    http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/cut.gif

• Haha, I pretty much never get messages.

Its probably a girl thing, guys are more aggressive online.

Or maybe the fact that my pic is of the pillsbury doughboy...

• Lol but everyone loves pillsbury haha :)

• lol Your pic is cool though maybe I should just get a cool one like yours instead. Maybe you're intimidating lolj k

• Do you also have the impression it's often new users? I've seen people who had never asked or answered a question do this... quite weird. One or two times I reported the user since I had the impression she had wrong intentions or was purely there to date. On other occasions I just gave a "no thank you".
    I've one time received a PM from someone explaining she was about to die and look for someone to give her heritage to. A new user... very "creditble" hum hum :-)

• Well, I get a few msgs from @GirlsAskGuys-System every now and then, we're kinda taking it slo, but yesterday it told me it was a dude, I don't know

I never send msgs

• you will never ever get those from me!!! xD :D

• well you are correct it is not a dating site but we go to various places and we surf various websites. we deliberately consider few places exclusively for dating , but we might find our date at a place where we weren't looking for it. so there are no certain rules in life , life is all about uncertainty and possibility. anything can happen anywhere. you must be open to it.

• I haven't been asked out yet but I've had them ask me for nudes. Most of the time it's just a young woman asking me sex questions and such. I promise not to ask you out. I have no idea who are what you. You could be a fat bald headed 70 year old man from the Russia. I could be Bill Gates...

• Once the clock hit the full monn, im on the hunt ;D

• Only females tend to get those messages.

If these people bother you, block them.

I think that's what the blocking feature was initially meant to be for.

• I'll block them if it's constant, I don't want to automatically do that because it would be a bunch.

• If I were female I would just block them the moment they ask, lol.
      I mean, that's a really stupid question.

• I have never asked any girl on here for a date and don't plan to and I also am very careful when it comes to befriending a female on here because a lot of females (not all females) on here think that every guy in the world wants them.

• Acually i get messages along the lines such as:
    "is it true black guys have big dicks"
    "How big are you down there"
    "I'd like to have sex with a black guy like you but my parents would be upset"
    "Im married but i wouldn't mind banging you"

And surprisingly not only is it women who ask me these questions, several guys also ask me these sort of questions even asking me if im bi lol

• Not recently but I used to get disturbing messages. Just delete them and block the user.

• There are plenty of (free) dating sites to use... why do that here, right? :-/

• It would be nice if I got that at least once so I could be like yep I still got it lol. I can see how it can get annoying but sometimes you just have to ignore it.

• Not in over a year, no. Pretty happy about it to. GaG isn't okcupid.

• Well sometimes I get messages from girls saying they are submissive and want me to dominate them and shit, but most of the time girls just chat with me.

• But wouldn't there be an option not to receive messages from people you don't add?
    Sorry I'm new here.

• Damn it. I was hoping you would date me :( Jk. But yeah, I've had few girls messaging me but not for dating though.

• I get no messages

• Nope not me, maybe because i dont have a picture?
    Would be fun for once.

• I'm going to go around messaging girls with bad pick up lines now! :D

• nope I never really get messages. once ina blue moon. Nobodies hit on me as far as I'm aware

• I know right? This is not a dating site but people take Girlsaskguys way to seriously. It's sad

• i never get these kind of messages. makes me feel left out =/

• Girl always want to date me on this app.

• Aren't you in a relationship anyway. If you weren't, would you be open to it? People I know on here, have met, and are dating, never rule it out

• I'm not in a relationship but I didn't come here to date just to help out and ask questions. Like I said in above I'm open to friendships not wanting to date without even knowing me.

• You can't say no, right away

• I've been on GAG for 3 years I would have been interested a long time ago. lol

• Well I'm a guy so I don't get those messages

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 16

• "Dating"? Well, that's pretty gentle of them. I usually get more eh... inappropriate messages even though I have my profile set to "in a relationship". I even got hit on by lesbians here.
    It's kind of hilarious, so I usually just laugh it off or troll them.

• Oh I just put this question about dating. I was thinking about putting a question about getting inappropriate and disturbing messages, which I get often too. You know what I'm going to do that just so I can get them off my back a little lol xD

• Haha you do that! But I should warn you, some of them can be extremely persistent. ><

• Hum that is true but it seems to be newer users. The older ones always were very normal about a conversation and not so forward and rude.

• I don't. I did have someone friend me on here and start hitting on me from the moment
    we started talking and we're still talking a year later. So, I don't really find stuff
    like that to be a big deal.

Besides, why does everybody find it so weird for a guy to ask a girl out on here
    or online in general? I mean, what's the difference if you go to bar or the store
    and you see someone you like (but know nothing about) and ask them out. Or,
    if you come on a forum such as this come across a person you think you might
    get along well with and decide to ask them out? What's the big deal? And, what's
    the difference? Because, I don't see one. A stranger is a stranger no matter where
    you meet them online or offline. Just sayin.

• It's not just you...
    I've never gotten a message to date, but I have gotten messages for something else.

And people just don't get it. It's a site for helping and getting helpful advice too.
    Nothing more.

• They answered all my questions everyday and told me that they like/ love me and wanted to date me. They said that in the question and answer section because they couldn't find my profile as I was 100% anonymous then. This happened in the past and I don't think they are on GAG anymore.

• Yes, but its ok, i walked around the obstacle and consider talking to them normally again without the hiccup

• Ughh ain't that the truth... it's like the norm for me smh

• I have never received these messages, but I don't have a picture up. You are very beautiful, so I could see someone being interested. I personally wouldn't be open to a LDR, so wouldn't date someone unless they were in my area.

• Thanks but some people jump the gun too much :l I wouldn't either I don't think I can REALLY get to know someone online, that's just me though.

• Yes! Omg I'm on the same page it really creeps me out I'm not on here for that it's not what this website is all about it's so irritating! I've been contemplating changing my avi to like a kitten or something lol

• I mostly get message with compliments, not dates. Which I don't believe anyway. And some inappropriate messages too.

• No date requests, plenty of flirting though. There's been a recent influx of friends requests though and one girl even linked me to her Facebook. I don't understand how to be friends on here or what that entails, but whatever.

• No you're not the only one lol. But I'd rather see that on the daily than those guys who try to send diick pics. Now thats, annoyin!! Lol

• Its funny when I get them.

• I've had much worse. From guys trying to talk dirty, to people trying to send nudes, and get them, to guys just down right insulting me

• I've had a couple and then I changed my avi to Cedric the Entertainer and I have since then been free from online pick up lines. Plus, my avi automatically makes me hilarious. Win-win :D

• i just got my first one of those in the past few days. made me uncomfortable.

• I've gotten worse. I had to block someone on here the first day I joined.

• I get some