GAGers, do we really need the traveling toolbar?

While the concept of the traveling toolbar is nice and helps in easier navigation, the fact that it keeps breaking up into pieces at odd places is very annoying. In fact, many times it blocks the very same comment you are trying to read. Very frustrating. I log in from my laptop, so i wonder how many of you are okay with it? And @GAG_Admin: Is there a solution for this?

• I am okay with it.
  • No, its very annoying, I'd rather not have it.
  • Didn't even notice it.
Breaking news :P

All of a sudden, I noticed the toolbar is not breaking up anymore! Yay!

Thanks to the tech guys behind the scenes.
Though its not as bad as before, I'm afraid the toolbar is still getting sticky and obstructing comments. Hope this gets resolved soon.

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh god no D=, it's annoying as heck D=, especially when your reading some one's opinion and it cover's up part of their opinion, Just noticed it today when I went to check my messages, I've been gone for about 16 days and didn't expect their to be a change to GAG that quick. What we need is an option to hide and un-hide the toolbar. If we had the option to hide and un-hide the toolbar It wouldn't be soooooooooooo annoying as we would be able to hide it when not needed and un-hide it when needed.

• I think that's a good idea. Thanks :)

Admin: Hope this can be implemented.

• Yea second day and MH =D. Thanks for MH =D.

What Guys Said 9

• GOD this fucking traveling tool bar is more annoying than a few ex gfs of mine!!! Leave me alone jeez!

• I find it very very annoying especially when using my nexus 7 (kind of like an iPad) because when I try to type something the toolbar takes up a large chunk of the screen making it hard or uncomfortable to navigate around the screen.

• I think it takes up a HUGE amount of space on my phone. It takes up whole comments sometimes.

• Oh, so THAT's why the site was down at 5 PM.

Yay! :D

I actually like the bar. I've used it before even on the desktop. It's handy sometimes.

• Yes, i agree i find it useless and i don't really use it at all

• I've never had an issue with the toolbar honestly. It's been quite a help for me on questions where there has been a lot of answers. I think it would be fine for most people if they fixed the bugginess of it

• 0|0
    • Agree. Its more like the good looking, awkward new girl in school. I think it takes a little time to befriend :)

• Have you noticed that the orange bar, (which takes you to "your opinion", has a question mark next to the word "opinion" as if to ask if its your opinion. What are they asking "is it a fact, or an opinion", lol. I just find it funny

• Good observation! It does look a bit odd. Maybe, they are asking "So, what is ur opinion?"

• "Your opinion?" doesn't take you to your opinion, it takes you to where you'd share your opinion, the "What's Your Opinion?" text box, which is why it has the question mark. We're asking you to share your opinion.
      You are correct, Asker. :)

• It's fine now, but it was really annoying. Just scrolling down and it will stop in the middle of the page and couldn't even see what the person wrote. I would like the option to minimize it.

What Girls Said 3

• Lol, I liike it!

• U mean u liked it breaking all over the place? Or the new improved one?

Anyway, its a big relief now. I can read through the comments uninterrupted :P

• What is the traveling tool bar. Never noticed it lol

• The panel with the orange-black-blue-pink-grey buttons. Clicking on each of them takes you where u want to go on the page. Anyway, they seem to have solved the problem now. Its not breaking up anymore. It was very annoying until now.

• I see.. Yes it's fixed now