Why everybody on this site has followers except me?

I have been here her for long time. Have had lot of xpers. II keep asking questions and answer everyday. not anonymously , I follow people.
All I get is creepy dirty messages.
Its not a scream to follow me which is why i asked anon lol I'm just wondering

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll give you a few tips. Don't post anonymously, even if your post will offend one side. You're still going to have to put up with the backlash if you post anonymously. But if you post openly so everyone knows who you are, you will gain allies who think the same way you do. Those people will be more likely to follow you. It's also a good idea to use memes and be humorous sometimes. Don't offer politically correct gender neutral advice all the time, everyone has already heard that garbage and it doesn't work. If you post like a yuppie people will know you're full of shit and won't take you seriously. I don't try to please everyone, be popular, or get followers, but I do get quite a bit of messages on here every day and have a few followers. The important thing is to be yourself and find what it is you have to offer that nobody else does.

What Guys Said 20

• I had a follower at one point, but I guess I offended them or something :(

I guess you gotta just say things that people really like, also from what I understand, at one point the site had a friend system, so all your old friends turned into followers / following, this is probably why some people have so many.

• Maybe your questions and answers just don't stand out enough to be noticed.

• That could be a reason thanks

• It's my first day here, I haven't started following anyone yet just because I answered their questions. Might be pure coincidence.. since everyone single asker seems to be anonymous.. :/

• Not a good idea to crave attention lol. But anyway you can ask people to follow you now onwards xD

• You are the only retarded answer here lol I wouldn't ask anon if I m cravin attention

• calm my @ss !! fine as long as you get some followers !!

• You have a thick skull xD

• if you post with your nickname i will follow you

• I have no followers not do I follow anyone. But if im honest its not a big deal in the slightest. I wouldn't worry about it.

• To be honest i didn't even notice i had followers until you said it.
    Probably the followers i have are people who "follow" me to report my questions/answers.

• Are you anon often?

• Not often. Sometimes

• Try not going anon for a whole month. Also make people's day with jokes and cleverly worded opinions/comments. If you and another user share something you like in common geek out with them.

• Follow me, and I'll follow you, that's how it works hun :)

• Would have followed you if you were not anon

• I don't have followers myself nor do I follow people for that matter so if you feel it's a need I'll follow you... now if I knew who you were.

• I usually follow back. And I don't send gross messages or pictures.

• What's your name I'll follow u.

• Does that even matter?

Are you here to get your questions awnsered or are you just here to pose and enjoy a virtual status made by people sitting in front of a cold machine?

Seriously, this status-thing quite disgust me.

• I'll floow you.

• Same as you I got only one followers... would you mine?

• No one follows me but I am kinda new and I might ask to strange of questions for some..

• hi u can ask me

• I do not have any

• Who are you?

What Girls Said 7

• If it makes you feel any better, I don't have followers either.
    Having followers on GAG is not some prized accomplishment, hon. In fact, the more followers you have here, the less likely you are to be away from a screen enjoying the amazing wanders life has to offer. Perk up! If it's a major goal to have followers here, then you honestly might want to reconsider your priorities because there are a lot more noteworthy goals to accomplish than that.

• I don't know why people bother to follow me. I hardly follow anyone back unless I talk to them daily or they followed me and their mostly interesting haha but I'll follow you :)

• That's because you're boring.

Who wants to follow a person, that has nothing interesting to say?

• I'll follow you boo

• Bcoz you are anonymous lol... inbox me and I follow u!

• The more active you are, the more people will recognize you and want to follow you or interact with you.
    The more questions you ask, the more opinions you share, the more people you follow, etc... it'll all make yourself more known on the site (if you're not posting anonymously) and people will catch on :-)

There are some tips on getting more opinions (which gets your more site exposure) in our FAQ -

Make sure to add a title that both interests readers and clearly defines your question, then check your spelling and grammar for any errors.

Do not type your question in all CAPS and do not capitalize every word of your posts.

Be specific about the question you are asking or advice you are seeking and give clear details about your situation so members can better help you but try to avoid making it so long it'll turn them off.

Also, add details to your profile so that members can know a bit about you to advise you better.

Share your opinions on other users' questions to increase the visibility of your profile. Having a unique profile picture to draw attention to your post never hurts.

You can also "feature" your question. Featured Questions are kept at the top of recent questions and in the LIVE FEED for 24 hours.

• I could care less about who on GAG follows me.
    Most are depressed losers anyway.