Why does GaG keep bothering me about questions that don't have most helpful opinions? *angry*

Why does GaG keep bothering me about questions that don't have most helpful opinions for?
Some questions don't have best answers or they have good answers that are all equal. so just leave them!! *anger*

If I keep getting these messages I may consider LEAVING GaG!!. I don't like being harassed about stuff I either don't care about or already know.
At the Very least have an option where I can turn these notices Off. Please.

PS: it's taking a fair bit of effort not to curse as I wrote this so just understand how annoying this behavior is.

• Get rid of messages reminding you of opinions not selected.
  • you find the messages reminding you of un selected opinions helpful.
  • you are not bothered by the mail icon and tend to ignore them.
  • doesn't bother you either way.
dartmaul15's suggestion. So conclusion; set a timer delay for when you pick MHO, have one (1) reminder after. say 4 days where you have a "pick later"option, then one after 30 days where you either; 1. pick one yourself, 2. let the site pick 3 none
I would like to add when you select none or "no MHO" they could have a list when you are searching for questions that only shows questions without a MHO.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I feel like no one deserves MHO I just pick the person with the lowest level and if there are multiple I just pick the answer I preferred out of those.

• Thank you for MHO

• no problem. I think I'm going to follow the "preferred opinion" part of your answer maybe if they are tied answers I'll look at the levels.

What Girls Said 14

• half the time i dont want to choose an answer because i dont think any answer deserves such. a lot of the time i dont get the answer im looking for and its kind of annoying that someone has to get the points for not being helpful... i dont think it should auto select one if you dont select an answer as best after so long.

• That's why I just select and get the points, it really upsets me aswell.

• I get those messages a lot too. They are good at reminding me about questions needing me to look at again, but it can be difficult to pick an answer in some cases. They should have some kind of option to delay in selecting one until later - like a week or so until the system picks one for you. And for some questions that receive bad answers, I don't like to award Most Helpful when it wasn't helpful. They should have an option for so you don't have to select a MH if the answers are particularly bad.

• a few other people said sometimes you get 1 troll answer that doesn't deserve anything.
      also I think they remind you way too quickly. I've always waited at least 2 days before picking a MHO for people who answer late.

• You have a point about them reminding you too early. I once got one of those notifications a day after asking the question. I don't even consider Most Helpful until a week or so has passed.

• I do find it useful. However, I get annoyed when I'm told to chose one, when say I only have 1 opinion and I don't agree with it. I don't want to award most helpful to an incompetent troll.

• exactly. why reword a troll for such behavior. even if there was a way to select "no most helpful opinion" as an option would be helpful. Than they could have a tab when you are looking for questions with opinions that have no MHO.

• Agwee entire-a-leeee

• Some questions all have equally terrible answers so I just pick the most decent one out of all, which isn't saying much but, I used to get somewhat irritated by those messages as well.

• Sometimes I choose most helpful, because I am really sick and tired to see those messages. I don't want to choose answers because I am not satisfied with the answers. But Gag keeps sending those. I find this very annoying. If it's not chosen, I think it should be left the answerers personal will. I agree with Catie101. I don't like auto select either.

• Fully agree with this post. I find it REALLY irritating.

• Yeah.. Can be annoying sometimes..

• I find it very helpful. They only send it once whether you select it or not.

They remind you now because many gagers were complaining about how people never slept MH and how people are deprived of their points. So now they just give us a reminder to do it but you dont have to. They even give you points too now to try to influence people to select MH.

But again you don't have to and its honestly not that bad.

• The worst is when it auto selects the answer where the Indian dude asks you if you want a threesome.

• I don't understand why they do this, it's so irritating.

• HAHAHA THE ANGST!

• I agree. There are certain questions that don't deserve a best answer so I'm not going to pick one for it. I get sick of that notification.

• It's funny, I used to get upset when people didn't pick a best answer (that's what it was known as before this past few months when GAG made all the changes), now it makes me upset that they MAKE you have one! I understand it though. Now that you can lose points you need to have ways to gain all of them

• Yeah agreed. That's kinda annoying that they do that

What Guys Said 12

• They started doing it because of a VERY few whiners who constantly complained about not getting their 4 cents worth of Amazon gifts. (which is how much MH was worth at the time). Sometimes whining actually works, even if the vast majority don't care or are against the change. The same whiner (s) also constantly complained about anons, and people who didn't rate questions. (you used to get points for ratings on questions)

Being forced to rate opinions to see how others rated them is along the same lines.

• I agree totally. and it's not like they are consistent with ratings either. I enjoyed giving a star rating for really good questions that made me think or very poor ones that made me *face palm*

• We send reminders so that everyone will remember to select a MHO. This is to encourage everyone to be helpful and carefully consider what they advise and how they express their opinions. We also award you 2 Xper points for selecting a MHO and the GAGer chosen is awarded 5 Xper points.

If, after 30 days, you haven't selected a Most Helpful opinion, one will automatically be chosen for you.
    Neither the Question Asker nor the user awarded Most Helpful will get Xper points for these automatic selections.
    It will chosen based on engagement: votes, comments, length, time, xper level, gender, among other criteria. As long as you're giving helpful opinions, we'll find them!

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper

• A copy paste answer that's a load of horseshit.

• I don't select mhos because I don't like expressing bias personally. Look at how many people are getting bonus XP for simply agreeing with rants.

• Seriously, how many questions do you have? It takes you 2 minutes to add the MHO, or ignore it. Personally i think when you make a question you should at least have the decency to hand out an MHO to the MHO!
    So i think the function should stay! And personally i like the feature.

• As I stated though. sometimes there are no most helpful opinions. in many cases they are about the same rather they are mostly good or mostly bad.
      I only have like 4 or 5 questions with out opinions selected but I've been reminded about the same ones two or three times now. after one reminder they should leave it at that.

• I hope you don't mind I put your suggestion in the update. :)

• not at all :)

• I find with the message in of the themselves. I understand why GaG would want MHO selected for as many questions as possible but to force it onto a person or a question is unfair. I don't want a complicated system in place, either you find one or you don't and should be able to leave it as is.

• While I agree your point that there may be multiple BA's, you have to look at it from the site's perspective.. it's trying to filter out and promote the people who give the best quality answers. You can't do that if people are being lazy and not selecting MH. That's why it even auto selects after some time.

• the site auto selects most helpful opinions? that's just rude.

I do understand that's the point of this site but 1 reminder for the same question should be more than enough.

• Dude, you're taking this WAY to seriously.

• I spend much of my time on here and want my opinion of this feature to be heard. Too many sites change or add features without consulting it's user base, even having the option to turn features off would be useful in Many cases. :)

I do appreciate your time responding all the same.

• It's really fucking annoying

• It's just a nice way of letting you know that you haven't selected MH yet, cause if you don't G@G system will automatically select MH after 30 days. It's nothing to get angry over. I'd hate to see G@G bother you to select MH for questions that already have MH or have been removed as that has happened to me before, didn't bother much other than I found it kinda of funny.

• sometimes there are no MHO or they are all equal good or bad. who do you choose than? I'm fairly sure I have been reminded for the same questions over and over which makes a small annoyance so bothersome.

• give MH as early as possible dude... you'll get 2 Xper for each

• 'Leaving GaG'? Yeah like anyone gives a fuck. lololol

• I'm just upset about the whole thing. maybe I'll just stop asking questions.

• Is it really so bad? You can choose to ignore the email right. If you do not choose best opinion for many of your question, then I question why not. Like maybe you say one or two question there is really no answer that answer your question, I agree with this. But if many of them don't, then I think you need to reflect on it. Maybe your questions are unclear? If there are good answers, why not give them encouragement by awarding him or her best answer?

• My biggest problem is when I ask a question and only get one rude, sexist, or racist response. I don't want the site forcing me to give them best answer.

• I did not even think about that. The questions that only get 1 or 2 rude opinions and obviously no best answer is available.