How often do you go anonymous, and why?

It really shocks me the things for which people go anonymous. That being said, I really like that this site has the option to do so. I'm not certain how many times I've gone anon, but it's less than 10. I figure being on the internet is enough anonymity for me as it is.

Anyway, I'm curious: How often would you say you're anonymous, and under what conditions do you choose to do so?

Of course, feel free to answer anonymously.

Most Helpful Guy

• I only go anon when I have something personal to share.. I don't want all these freaks to learn too much about me. I quite like waking up every morning.

• Yeah you don't want to wake up with the fangirls on the skylight.

Sweet dreams.

• Tbh they'd probably just steal your hoodie. I know I would.

• The difference is they would have to steal it in order to get it.

What Guys Said 30

• You used to be able to see the stats, I can't find mine now, but I think I was anonymous about 5% of the time last time I checked.

I use anon for two things:
    - Somewhat controversial opinions on topics I don't care about much. If I care, I'm willing to deal with the blowback and debate it or whatever. But other topics its just like... I don't want to talk about them over and over with people who disagree.
    - when giving stuff that would be more identity revealing than normal.
    - when giving out somewhat personal information about friends or family.

• Very rarely honestly. I don't ask as many questions as I used to and honestly, I'd only really go anon if I was 100% sure I wouldn't want someone reading the question, if they on the rare chance that it happened, knew me in person. People don't realize they're already basically "anonymous" being on the internet unless they're sharing their screen name with another person who uses the site. To me it's nothing more than a sign of how insecure they are as a person and I find it to be pathetic honestly.

• I think I never did so far...

• I use to go anonymous much more when I was new on this site but these days I pretty much never post anything anonymous.

• I have never gone anonymous if I what I say is bad enough that I would go anonymous I just wouldn't say it

• Rarely. I rarely mention anything that I don't feel comfortable mentioning. Keep that stuff to myself. The stuff I do mention is nothing I need to hide.

• I will if I'm about to share a personal experience I don't like to talk about & can be a bit TMI. Not often (3 times total), but it's a good option to have when you want to keep something to yourself while keeping your online identity.

• My profile itself is "anonymous" enough for me. The only thing I've ever done anon here was after the fact, when a bitch called me out (demanding a rebuttal) and then blocked me.

• i've done it only twice

• Never been anonymous. Pretty new here and haven't feel intimidated or shy on anything.
    One of the reasons might be that i don't ask questions or opinions often !!

• people often go anon to either troll hard, or say something that they don't want to suffer backlash for. It can also be if you're sharing something personal, which i do

• About 4-5% of the time, really no need for me to go anonymous most of the time unless it's something really personal/embarrassing or I accidentally check mark anonymous.

• Only 2 and that was YEARS ago when i had first joined! Never looked back since.

• once this year and almost everytime for previous years. it just doesn't bother me as much anymore but i would still go anon for really controversial topics that i feel to have a say in

• I don't and don't understand why people do...

• I don't think I've gone anon no more than five times and that was when I first joined. If it's something very personal then I just don't submit my opinion.

• Anything that can jeopardize future employment

• i haven't once answered or asked anon. why bother?

• I went anonymous twice because my answers were offensive

• I once accidentally posted anonymously without realizing it... That's all.

• NEVERRRRRRRRRRRR.

• When I go personal lol

• Usually sexual questions because its taboo. But, I agree with you that having an online alias in anonymous enough, but perhaps its second nature.

• Every response I've ever posted is anonymous. Even if they just want to know if I prefer ketchup to mustard.

Why?

Because people are too judgmental for their own good. If someone see you've posted a question, they will not just read the question and give an answer, they will look at your profile, see a picture of Peter Capaldi and say something absurd like "Oh, no wonder you can't get laid-- you're Scottish! It's probably your bitter attitude towards women, resulting from havin an English queen!" that makes no sense of course.

Remaining anonymous helps less sophisticated responders stay focused on the question at hand, and doesn't sway their response with unrelated bias.

• I go anonymous most of the time. I have some serious confidence issues, that just make me want to hide a lot of the time. On the days I feel especially proud of myself, I don't go anonymous nearly as much.

• I always go anonymous. I've explained it before: I think the post is what matters because a lot of people might view it differently if they knew my race, nationality, religion, personality etc. I would rather have all of those irrelevant variables not be accessible to them. That way they are more likely to look at it logically than have their own feelings on things sway how they view my opinion.

• I only go anonymous after I realize I just made a stupid post... that's prity much the only time. duhhhhhh

• Hi Goggles.

This is the first time I've gone anon in a lonngggg ass time.

• Hi CommieDearest, I go anonymous because you are a dummy head!

This is NOT kambo_trick3y by the way.

What Girls Said 15

• I go anon because I share personal experiences in my answers and I don't want anyone being able to go on my profile and see everything I have "ever done" or asked about in my life. I also have a username that a lot of people who know me personally in my hometown would know to associate it with me. It's the initials of all my 6 kids formed to make a name.

• Pinocchios everywhere.

2.bp.blogspot.com/.../RomneysNose1.jpeg

... kidding lol

• I go anonymous when I have something mean to say or when my answer is probably stupid and just incase it is I don't want people knowing its me lol

• I usually do when giving advice about things on the bit more sexual side, solely because I don't want creepers on creepers messaging me and whatnot.

• I haven't been anon in such a long freaking time.

• I think about 40% of the time I do.

• I've only gona anonymous once because I asked the same question twice haha.

Answer mine people pretty please c: (guys preferably) www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1149458-guy-opinions-would-a-freshmen-guy-want-to-date-a-junior-girl

• I never go anon, and I rarely respond to them. I mean we are known only by our UN in the first place.

• Never gone anon

• I think I've gone anonymous like 10 times tops as well.

And I strongly advocate some kind of restriction to the anonymity feature, as it's being abused like crazy.

• Never. There's no personal info or a pic on my profile, so there wouldn't be any point. Plus, I don't know any of these people, so it would all be pointless anyway.

• people can make nasty comments so Ii go annoymous sometimes

• I always go as my self :-) :-)

• I hardly ever post anonymously.
    When I do, it's to share something about myself that I simply don't want GAGers knowing about me.

• Anonymous not it's just a question and people say their opinion , i go all time bae