On this site, do you read the posted opinions before posting your own?

I've noticed how so many of the answers and opinions of users seem to reflect and have similarities to the opinions that were posted before they got there. I suspect it could be that some people are insecure about their true opinions and go with what everyone else seems to think. Yet it's possible that the opinion is one that's naturally shared by the vast majority.

• Yes
  • No
  • Sometimes

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the question.
    If it's something that I immediately know how to answer and already have the words in my head, I'll share that and then read the other opinions.
    If it's something that I find interesting and I want to think about for a second, I'll read the other opinions first.
    Sometimes too, I'll read to see if someone already said what I was going to say, saving me the time.

What Girls Said 5

• hmm sometimes lol

• Sometimes. But i never repeat opinions which i'd read. I like when my answers are unique :D and different. Maybe sometimes many people share each others opinions

• I usually read them after I post, not before.

• I sometimes read the opinions first... especially if the question is something I've wondered myself.

• Sometimes because I want to see if someone else is thinking the same as me. There is no point in posting the same opinion twice. So if I am going to post I try to word it differently. A lot of the time I will just reply to someone's opinion to say that I agree.

What Guys Said 5

• It depends on the question.

Oh hold on a minute, someone has already commented to the exact same words. Freaky, perhaps I should have read through the other opinions!

• Depends on the question, for example on this one, the question is pretty much directed at me specifically (aka me, as the opinion owner) and reading the others' doesn't really seem to change my habits on it, so there's no real point to assess the other opinions before posting my own.

Voted C).

• Depends on the question. Sometimes it helps to read other answers and sometimes it's only a matter of interest.

• I only read them (if I read them at all) after posting my own opinion.

• I normally just answer the question, but sometimes I do read other posts first. Sometimes the questions asker will talk with people that already gave an answer, and give more information than they originally did in the question. So I can gain a better understanding of what is going on. So on a really important question, I will try to make sure I have all the facts before just speaking out my ass and giving advice.

• Cool. That's wise in certain circumstances. Especially when it's a long, drawn-out, and complicated question. But too often I see people going with majority opinions, especially when it's a question of taboo nature.