Posting as Anonymous?

I was just wonder how often do you Gaggers ask questions or comment as anonymous? Why do you do it? It's the internet why do you care to hide?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 13

• I have asked a few Questions being here for nearly 10 months now, only Once being the masked maiden. Other than that, I never went behind the curtain with anyone in That Respect, and my Last Inquiry I made sure no one else did either.
    It's no one's bees wax if they don't want to show themselves. I only did it in Answering a Question or two, for I didn't want to get into a head lock with anyone with anything... However, everyone has their own motives for doing it, maybe fearing the same thing as this, or maybe even 'Fearing' it could go further like a little Stinging after the fact------Harassment, that is. I have heard plenty of stories on here... xx

• What kind of juicy stories have you heard on here? If it's interesting I just may use this site more.

• I wouldn't mind criticism, people are entitled to their opinions, and most people live by "societal" standards which doesn't make them right or wrong.
      What is stupid is that people aren't open to reasoning which I noticed when I snooped around.

• Yes, and with this, everyone has to live by their own mistakes, I guess... xx

• Firstly, no one here is entitled to know who I am. I come here and volunteer personal information to help others out however I don't owe it to anyone for them to see who I am. So with that said, reasons I post anonymously are...

1. If I'm giving personal information. Even though technically I'm anonymous from my username, the right person can go to my profile and hack into my accounts, seeing personal information about me and knowing that it's linked to this account.

2. I've seen the user get hostile and irrational around here. This is a big one. I may want to participate, but if I've seen the user go around here and be nasty for no legitimate reason or start drama over petty, minor, silly things, then I'll answer anonymously. I don't want to be blocked from future interesting topics simply because someone has a pathetic emotional capacity.

3. I intend on being brutally honest and the QA's consistent tone with everyone on the post suggests they can't handle it. I try to always be as tactful as possible, but sometimes... NOT ALL THE TIME, but many times that doesn't matter. There are some QA's who don't really want honesty, they want you to validate them and make them feel okay about the wrong path they've chosen.

• I used to do it a lot in the past. Now I don't do it as much. Especially on my answers. All of my questions but one are asked anonymously though.

• Understandable, why the change?

• I see, do you act differently on this site compared to in person? If my friends knew I was on this site I'd act the same way.

• No, not really. I am a bit less cold here. That's the only difference I think.

• I've actually never posted as anon. If I'm not comfortable answering a question as myself, I just won't answer it period.

I've only asked one question on here so far, but I'm pretty shameless and don't get embarrassed that easy so I doubt I'd ever need to ask anything anonymously.

• hahahaha gaggers.
    i have asked one question anonymously, because i don't want anyone to maybe figure out it was me.
    and i've never entered an opinion anonymously.
    and it's the internet. it's always there and it never forgets.

• Ya, but its not like most people here knows who you really are though.

• it's not rude. it's not hurtful. but it could cause personal problems should they know who's asking. i think the anonymous option is rather useful if it isn't abused

• I agree it is okay to ask a question as anon, but to comment as anon is kind of lame.

• I don't ever, unless I pressed that anonymous button by mistake. I think I've done that once or twice.

• Anonymous helps you shed ur inhibitions, especially in asking tough personal questions, when you don't want unwanted attention. Even though it is the internet, on GAG, an Anonymous can't receive PMs. Thats a huge advantage.

• Questions part is understandable, but why comment anon if you don't want people to know who you are you shouldn't say it at all, unless its personal.

• You are entitled to your feelings and opinions, I just don't see why one really feel like they should post as anonymous it makes whatever they comment feel less credible.

• Coz life is not all black and white. There is gray too.

• Its rare. If I do its to troll or to ask a super personal question.

• I post anonymous the odd time.

• I agree. it's crazy :P

• Not about hiding about secure

• ..."Mystery"

• you'd be just as mysterious without being anonymous specially without a picture.

• Tell another please.

• Sure.
      You wonder, nobody knows them in the internet, why do they hidden? :)
      Sometimes, we are be sincere with friends in this site.
      Sometimes we can tell our real identity.
      And, if we dont want to that they recognize who did answer this question, we can be shy and get anonymous.

*If i talked wrong grammar, sorry, that's not my native language.

• I very rarely post anonymously.
    When I do so, it's to share something I don't want GAGers knowing about me in order to help the Asker.

What Guys Said 4

• I never ask questions anonymously. Out of over 700 opinions/comments given only six were anon.

• I've never posted as anonymous. I'm not saying I won't in the future but so far I haven't had a reason to.

• I rarely post anonymously because I avoid mentioning anything too personal or uncomfortable.

• Because I choose to be personal with the people I like and communicate with. I don't need friends on here but the ones I have I am happy to have found.

• I see no point in that since you posted it as anon.

• So you have some odd need to be friends with me? Sorry I don't need to know you or anyone else here.